The Corporate Partner Activation position implements sponsorship agreements with corporate partners by collaborating with internal departments to ensure a high level of execution, customer service and fulfillment of all deliverables, with a focus on renewal goals and relationship-building.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrates our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork.
- Act as main point of contact for corporate partners and their activation elements
- Develop, improve and renew corporate relationships by exceeding & handling expectations of all contractual elements and provide opportunities for added value.
- Effectively build and sustain strong corporate partner and agency relationships
- Develop and implement new and creative marketing/activation strategies, methodologies and tactics based on corporate partner needs, research, data, success rates, and market trends to meet corporate partners goals and objectives and ensure 100% client satisfaction
- Manage partner budgets and meet all contractual obligation needs within allotted financial parameters
- Effectively manage corporate partnership accounts and partnership details via CRM system
- Present ideas and opportunities to help grow the business of each corporate partner by keeping up-to-date with the goals, objectives and competition of each corporate partner
- Responsible for sponsorship presentations and meetings (renewal proposals, mid-season and end-of-year recap presentations, upsell sales opportunities, meeting agendas, etc.)
- Responsible for driving renewal revenue by effectively utilizing internal resources and sales strategies
- Provide unprecedented customer service and superior level of productivity and responsiveness
- Take ownership and management of additional areas (i.e. liaison to departmental groups within Rockets organization and outside organizations/areas, as assigned)
- Assist wherever necessary to further market and promote Team and corporate partners
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 2 years experience in account management or related field; sports sponsorship preferred
- Previous experience in the area of client servicing, client relations, promotions, event marketing, agency, media, sponsorship or sales
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Able to meet deadlines and follow through on project outline or strategies
- High level of decision-making and accountability
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Communicate (both written & verbal) in a concise and effective manner
- Able to compile information via research and probing of accounts in order to craft proposals, presentations, budgets, and for financial or competitive analysis
- Able to understand partners’ objectives and look for ways to associate with the Team’s assets
- Able to interact and handle staff and business associates in order to implement events, promotions and other related activities
- Able to identify and address issues or problems which may arise during relationship/partnership
- Customer service and relationship building oriented
- Demonstrate high standard of excellence
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Photoshop or Graphic Design experience preferred
Physical & mental requirements:
- The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, communicate with others.
- The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical format.
- Able to transfer and move items for departmental needs.
- Able to adjust to changing work hours (including nights, weekends and holidays) and locations (some travel may be required), as needed in light of the strong focus on external communications and relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.