This position is responsible for assisting the Media Relations Department with day-to-day duties.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
Demonstrates our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork.
- Prepare daily news clippings from local, national and international news media & the Internet and distribute to appropriate personnel
- Assist in producing and distributing media credentials
- Producing weekly newsletters and press releases
- Distribute press conference and post-game quotes to local and national media
- Assist game day/night operations
- Assist with media guides & department manuals
- Providing practice coverage for media relations department
- Assisting with the research of game notes
- Office/administration duties, including data entry, answering phones, copying, filing and faxing.
- Maintaining media relations storage areas in an orderly fashion
- Work with all departments to provide public relations support for marketing, community, corporate, broadcasting, promotion, business and sales initiatives
- Receptionist training
- College student or graduated within the last 6 months with a degree in Communications/Public Relations or Sports Management
- Self motivated, organized, and detail oriented
- Flexible schedule and ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, communicate with others.
- The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical format.
- The employee must be able to transfer and move items for departmental needs.
- The employee must be able to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed in light of the strong focus on external communications and relationships.