Lead the day to day security operation of Toyota Center, develop security managers & guard force. Responsible for ensuring the safety and well-being of all personnel, visitors and the premises.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities for assigned staff in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include: training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing issues and solving problems and regularly communicating with staff.
- Maintain the highest level of the best security practices in the industry including but not limited to anti-terrorism, risk management, loss prevention, safety, training, investigations and intelligence, emergency preparedness, budgeting, and personnel management.
- Maintain, manage and cultivate local & federal law enforcement, as well as industry-based relationships.
- Provide daily leadership to the Security operation.
- Review and revise current policies, standards and procedures to safeguard the company, including fire prevention, property patrol, and accident investigations
- Ensure all building security systems are operating as necessary during event and non-event days. Security systems include CCTV, Access Control system and all physical security equipment.
- Develop annual operational as well as capital improvement budgets
- Immediately respond to emergencies & provide necessary assistance
- Demonstrates our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork.
- A minimum of 10 years of major market Arena or Stadium security operations experience, with established working knowledge of NBA policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as, handling files and records.
- Possess strong customer service and interpersonal skills and able to work effectively with clients and co-workers.
- Available for all major events and be flexible with scheduling which includes evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage, motivate, and lead members of the security team.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively lead during time of crisis and perform under pressure.
- Executive protection experience is a plus.
- On call 24 hours a day for true emergencies.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, communicate with others.
- The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical format.
- The employee must be able to transfer and move items for departmental needs.
- The employee must be able to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed in light of the strong focus on external communications and relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.