This position manages multiple employees and constructs, repairs, restores, and installs structural woodwork and related materials.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrates our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities for assigned staff in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include: training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing issues and solving problems and regularly communicating with staff.
- Knowledge of residential construction and remodeling trades, practices, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment, materials, specifications, quality control, cost control, and safety.
- Inspect, construct, rebuild, install, repair and maintain woodwork and related structures at The Houston Arena.
- Must have strong construction skills needed for fast and accurate building.
- Assist with coordinating outside contractors used for special woodworking and maintenance projects.
- Perform a variety of maintenance repair duties involving wall, door and ceiling tile replacement, concrete and masonry work and other skilled maintenance duties as required.
- Estimate the amount of lumber and other materials needed for a project. Coordinate material ordering and maintain general inventory.
- Read and interpret blueprints, sketches and drawings; perform work to specified standards.
- Perform other general repairs/maintenance
- Ability to work closely with other maintenance trades groups and be a self‐starter working under minimum supervision.
- Have knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the carpentry field.
- Able to set and meet necessary schedules and deadlines.
- Operate power tools, planers, hand tools and other required machinery and equipment.
- Operate forklifts, aerial lifts and other machined equipment as necessary.
- Minimum of 5 years Carpentry experience.
- Familiarity with multi‐purpose/arena facility preferred.
- Ability to work long and varied hours including nights and weekends.
- Good communication, management and supervisory skills.
- Must be very organized, flexible, personable, and able to take direction.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, communicate with others.
- The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical format.
- The employee must be able to transfer and move items for departmental needs.
- The employee must be able to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed in light of the strong focus on external communications and relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.