Job Purpose: The Staff Accountant is responsible for preparing and maintaining financial records to track 4 organization’s assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities. This position is based in the Arlington/Fort Worth area.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities:
- Maintain and update accounting records and files, ensuring they are accurate and complete
- Execute general ledger account reconciliations, accurate reporting, and data verification, enabling senior staff to analyze options and make financial decisions aligned with company objectives
- Monitor policies and procedures for assigned departments, and identify and suggest improvements for accounting reporting and recording procedures
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial requirements by studying existing and new legislation, and maintaining compliance
- Perform general ledger account reconciliations, verify the accuracy of data, and reports, identify and correct errors made by both internal and external personnel
- Support timely monthly, quarterly, half-year, and year-end financial close, including assigned journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, accruals, and overall maintenance of all operational management accounts
- Assist in providing schedules and commentary with respect to operating maintenance accounts results and variances, and with the production of working capital, cash-flow reports, as well as applicable commentary
- Maintain and update records and reports for profit and loss, taxes, liabilities, and assets
- Prepare special financial reports as requested by management by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Must be available to work all home games for both Dallas Wings and Panther City Lacrosse Club, as well as attend community events. Games & events may take place on nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- This role must be willing and able to work extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position reports to: Vice President of Finance
Do Other Positions Report to This Position? __X__No _ Yes
Formal Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business accounting, or finance
- Certifications: CPA certification preferred
- Relevant Work Experience:
- 3-5 years of accounting experience including preparing financial statement
- Familiarity with accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures
Ideal Candidate Attributes/Competencies:
- Strong communication skills required – this role will interact with strong, action-oriented communication styles as well as strong, methodical, detail-oriented communication styles so this position will need to be able to adjust based on the audience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain positive, productive, and supportive working relationships
- Excellent organizational skills & attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Intermediate to advanced excel and accounting software skills
- Ability to work under deadlines and pressure
- Understanding of principles of maintaining general ledger accounts
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
- Hearing, seeing, reading, writing, concentration, comprehension, and talking with clear speech.
- Planning, organizing, interpreting data, making decisions, problem-solving, and composure under deadlines/stress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.