Welcome to the NBA/WNBA/G League Team Jobs Web site where you can now be connected to all the hiring managers with NBA, WNBA, and G League teams! If you are interested in working for any of the NBA/WNBA/G League Teams, please scroll down and apply for a position. Please fill out your profile as completely as possible.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities available within the following categories:
Senior Vice President, Marketing and Communications
Note: this job is closed to new applications.
Category: Marketing and Communications Management
Title: Senior Vice President Marketing and Communications
Department: Marketing & Communications
Status: Full-Time (with benefits)
Reports to: Team President
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Direct all marketing and advertising initiatives, communications, broadcast, data-based entities, community relations, and game presentation for the organization.
- Play a key role in overseeing of the Dallas Mavericks brand via integrated strategies and action plans across multiple platforms including advertising, promotions, in-arena entertainment, communications/community relations and special events.
- Collaborate with corporate sales department to create season and single game ticket campaigns. Develop the communications strategies, creative and media plans to support ticket sales efforts.
- Collaborate with corporate sales department to create new inventory across several areas including in-arena, broadcast, social-media, digital, publications, retail programs, community relations, consumer market segments and special events. Enhance current marketing programs by improving quality and adding sponsor activation & dollars to them.
- Responsible for collecting information from all touch points allowing the organization to directly market to these fans and drive incremental revenue.
- Oversee the roles of basketball communications and player relations to provide continued access of players/coaches to the media and fan base thus strengthening the connections between the team and the community.
- Collaborate with the IT Department on the direction and content for all web and social media presence.
- Responsible for all aspects of creating first –class “Game Day” entertainment presentation inside and outside the arena. Oversee the calling of the game presentation and supervise all aspects of audio visual facilities and part time staff. Oversee all creative development of projects from conceptualization and writing to final output. Develop and execute all in-arena game activities including, but not limited to all on-court entertainment and scoreboard video features (mascots, emcees, drumline, street team, DJ, face painters, balloon artists and more).
- Direct all advertising and collateral/creative; radio, TV, out-of-home, e-mail, social, web, major daily and local print, collateral design, e-brochures, and premium items.
- Oversee the community basketball camp program which has over 5,000 combined kids/parents and adults attending 50 different programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four year university or college, Master’s degree desirable.
- Eight plus years experience in a related industry with a minimum of six years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the practices and terminology of advertising, marketing, public relations programs. Experience working with media partners, technology and creative partners.
- Ability to lead and manage large group of individuals. Ability to build a cohesive team.
- Ability to organize and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment. Excellent communication skills required.
- Proficient with Windows, Outlook, Word Processing, Powerpoint, Excel, etc. Ability to work late nights, weekends and holidays.
- Basic knowledge of live events management including directing, producing and stage management is preferred.
How did you hear about this job?