Welcome to the NBA/WNBA/G League Team Jobs Web site where you can now be connected to all the hiring managers with NBA, WNBA, and G League teams! If you are interested in working for any of the NBA/WNBA/G League Teams, please scroll down and apply for a position. Please fill out your profile as completely as possible.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities available within the following categories:
Chicago Sky Winter Ticket Sales Internship
Note: this job is closed to new applications.
The Chicago Sky is seeking an excited, outgoing, and dedicated candidate that will interact with the general public while being an integral part of ongoing ticket sales efforts. The ticket sales intern will be a vital part of assisting the sales team in all aspects of selling, fulfilling and executing sales initiatives. The position will gain hands-on experience in sales and marketing through implementing and planning off season activities during the 2018 season. Interns will also assist in facilitating grassroots marketing events in the community including mascot appearances.
Note: While this position gives you invaluable experience in the sports marketing world, it is a non-paid position. However there is potential to earn commission on all sales
- Assist in planning and executing various grassroots marketing activities with sales representatives in order to drive ticket sales and brand awareness
- Identify local businesses and set up meetings to attend with New Business Manager
- Assist New Business Development Manager in group themed call campaigns, including various networking events
- Attend meetings and events with New Business Manager as seen fit within the internship time frame
- Identify potential community networking events and leads for Sky employees to attend
- Raise fan support and Sky ticket sales through lead generation, cold calls, and events
- Aid New Business Development Manager and department in assigned tasks including research and projects
- Create and implement strategies to prospect, develop, and grow New Business opportunities and ideas
- General office duties
Criteria & Qualifications:
- Excellent phone and computer skills
- Detail oriented
- Able to interact with internal and external clients in a professional manner
- Comfortable meeting, speaking, and dealing with business owners and professionals
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent time management skills with ability to multi-task
- Highly motivated, self-starter with a passion for working in sports
- Live in Chicago-land Area and have access to reliable transportation
- Required to work Chicago Sky Events (nights and weekends may apply)
- Knowledge, enthusiasm, and interest in the Chicago Sky, women’s professional sports, and the greater Chicago community
- Marketing, sports administration, or related business majors preferred
Candidates must be able to travel to Sky head office in Chicago, IL and to various events around the Chicago-land area. This position reports directly to the Ticket Sales and Services department and is an unpaid internship. Academic credit is available with potential to continue employment into the 2018 season.
How did you hear about this job?
Will this internship be used for academic credit?
Do you have available housing in the Chicagoland area?
Do you have available transportation to and from office and arena?