Welcome to the NBA/WNBA/G League Team Jobs Web site where you can now be connected to all the hiring managers with NBA, WNBA, and G League teams! If you are interested in working for any of the NBA/WNBA/G League Teams, please scroll down and apply for a position. Please fill out your profile as completely as possible.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities available within the following categories:
Manager, Event, Event & Practice Facility Safety and Security
Note: this job is closed to new applications.
ROLE: Reporting to the Director of Security& Safety, the Manager, Event & Facility Safety & Security provides oversight and supervision of security personnel and supervisors and is responsible for implementing, maintaining, and updating security policies, programs, procedures and systems designed to protect the physical assets of Philips Arena and the Atlanta Hawks. Also, this Manager facilitates the process of providing a safe and secure environment for all Philips Arena and Emory Sports Medicine Complex guests, tenants, employees, vendors and contractors.
- Provide effective leadership in regard to the security planning and management for all events at Philips Arena & Emory Sports Medicine Center to include collaboration with other departments, security advances, providing security briefing and deployment sheets for each event, evaluation and coaching of staff and appropriate reward and recognition
- Serves as Manager on Duty for Event Security and Special Operations Command Center (SOCC) for events by executing security advances, creating briefing sheets,
- Recruit, interview, select, and train security personnel. Ensure security personnel is an effective team supplied to best support strategic goals while maintaining the highest level of industry standards applying to safety and security
- Manages both full-time and part time security supervisors and officers for the following shifts 1st, 2nd,3rd and Event Shifts
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities aligning with the organization’s policies and applicable laws- train, supervise, evaluate, counsel Security personnel in accordance with Atlanta Hawks & Philips Arena Security Department’s policies and procedures
- Proactive enforcement of Philips Arena & Emory Sports Medicine Complex policies and procedures, and ensure timely response and follow up to violations and complaints from guests, clients, and employees according to established policies and procedures
- Supports, operates and monitors Avigilon Camera System, DSX Access Control System, LiveSafe and other departmental procedures and processes
- Conduct investigation of accidents and criminal acts of personnel or property in Philips Arena & Emory Sports Medicine Complex
- Collaborate with management and security officials to develop training programs, employee safety presentations, practical exercises and tabletops to ensure that our operating procedures are provided for internal and external guests
- Collaborate with 3rd party agencies/promoters to determine security needs for events and to build security advances
- Communicate and participate in security measures for high-profile government officials; working hand-in-hand with FBI and CIA, and maintain a positive relationship with all Metro enforcement agencies as well as the APD
- Coordinates and provides event communication and event ingress/egress process to local and federal Law Enforcement, Traffic Management and neighboring businesses
- Represent and participate in appropriate committee activities in addition to attending weekly meetings. Coordinate and assist Director, Safety and Security with all Security needs directly relating to Philips Arena and the Emory Sports Medicine Complex
- Responsible for Emergency preparedness by maintaining a working knowledge of all emergency policies, procedures and regulations
- Review and evaluate reports prepared by security staff regarding investigations of theft, accidents and safety violations
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure delivery of quality services and resolve operational problems, and having the building ready and opened at a designated time
- Conduct departmental meetings with security personnel
- Enforce and uphold integrity of Philips Arena & Emory Sports Medicine Complex property and facilities during events and on a continuous 24 hour basis
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred; however, an equivalent combination of education and experience will also be given consideration
- Four years or more of event or related professional experience managing full-time and part-time staff preferably within the Sports and Entertainment Industry experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as effective interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of human behavior, including crowd management principles and the ability to implement effective crowd control techniques as necessary
- Must be detail-oriented and organized with an ability to multi tasks and adapt to change
- Ability to provide training and directions to Security personnel within the department
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), CCTV and access control systems
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check, motor vehicle check and previous employment check prior to employment
- Must have a flexible schedule, with the ability to work as an Event Security Manager on Duty during nights, weekends and holidays as necessary
- Ability to stand, sit, crouch, and bend throughout the course of daily activities
How did you hear about this job?
Yes/No: Do you have a valid Driver's License?
Yes/No: Have you ever worked in a related position at an event venue?
Required: What is your annual salary requirement?