Partnership: The WNBA’s Atlanta Dream and The Aspire Group have formed a relationship to develop a world-class ticket sales team in Atlanta, GA. The Atlanta Dream has employed the services of The Aspire Group because it combines progressive strategies and distinguished execution. Led by expert professionals that stand at the top of the ticket sales and customer service industry, The Dream and its fans will benefit from the commitment to integrity, the most professional ticket sales operation globally and the superior customer service that The Aspire Group brings to every partner. The Atlanta Dream and The Aspire Group encourage and value a diverse work force and both are equal opportunity employers.
Position Overview: The Manager of Ticket Sales and Service should have a track record of success in ticket sales as well as managing a Ticket Sales and Service team. This Manager will oversee a staff of up to 6 Account Executives. The Manager and the Account Executives will perform outbound calls and service inbound calls for the Atlanta Dream.
The Atlanta Dream ticket inventory which is available for sale includes, but is not limited to:
a. Season Tickets
b. Premium Seating Sales
c. Mini and Flex Plans
d. Group Ticket Sales
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate new business though outbound call campaigns.
- Hire, train, and supervise staff of up to 6 Account Executives.
- Lead, motivate, develop, coach and retain sales staff for future succession and opportunities.
- Grow business significantly each year.
- Monitor, manage and evaluate sales staff performance on an ongoing basis; establish and communicate clear sales revenue and training goals and follow up with sales staff with appropriate feedback and direction for development.
- Identify, explore and research new sales opportunities to include season ticket and group sales target markets.
- Continually develop the Ticket Sales program in the following areas: new business generation, sales leadership, development of sales strategies, sales training, development of best sales practices and results tracking and reporting.
- Track and report daily, weekly and monthly sales figures and relevant accountability reports.
- Assist with the creation, planning, communication, and implementation of special ticket plans, projects, promotions and programs.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Atlanta Dream.
Education and Experience:
- Possess a degree in relevant field, a minimum of 2 years of sports ticket sales and service experience with at least 1 year in Inside Sales/ Ticketing Management preferred.
- Experience with TicketmasterArchtics preferred.
- Must be able to communicate equally well with executives, staff and fans at all levels and be comfortable in a very close supervisory and intense training environment.
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills.
Compensation: Competitive Base Salary, with the opportunity to earn commission by meeting or exceeding ticket sales goals. Competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, other voluntary health benefits and 401k with matching program.
The Atlanta Dream is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, marital status, citizenship status or age.