The Benefits & Payroll Manager is responsible for developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of payroll, benefits, on-boarding, exit interviews, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development, talent management and compensation. The Benefits & Payroll Manager provides strategic leadership by articulating HR needs and plans to the executive management team.
The Benefits & Payroll Manager will be responsible for the following:
- All On-Boarding activities for interns, staff and players
- All payroll inputs for the bi-monthly payroll activities, including reimbursements and commissions
- Monitor all staff benefits options and submit necessary changes as required
- Review market for suitable benefits options each open enrollment year
- Respond to all Department of Labor inquiries and employment verification request
- Monitor all Worker’s Compensation submissions for players and staff
- Make necessary changes to the company handbook IAW state laws and directives
- Review all incoming mail for proper action and payments
- Accountability of all building access cards, parking passes, credit cards and keys
- Submit monthly MARTA Card information sheet
- Monitor Postage Meter and perform monthly audits
- 401K administration for players and staff
- Conducts exit interviews as needed
- HR Expertise
- Business Acumen
- Ethical Practice
- Relationship Management
- Leadership & Mentorship
- Cultural Awareness
- Critical Thinking
This position is directly responsible for leading and advising managers and directors on all human resources activities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Will remain in a standing position for extended periods of time during games
- Frequently operate small office equipment such as a postage meter, computer, calculator and copier/printer.
- Will remain in a seated position for extended periods of time.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position with a normal work week.
Required Education and Experience:
- A BS/BA degree in human resources or related field from an accredited college/university or related work experience.
- A minimum of 4 years of HR experience.
- PHR or SPHR or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) certification or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) desired, but not required.
- Knowledge and understanding of U.S. federal and state laws.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.