Job Title: Event Security
Reports to: Event Security Supervisor
The Milwaukee Bucks are looking for dedicated people who embrace diversity, equity & inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
It all begins with outstanding talent, It all begins with YOU! #FearTheDeer
What We Offer:
- Mental Health Resources
- On-the-job Training
- Milwaukee Bucks and NBA League Discounts
- Employer Paid Parking
Under the direct supervision of the Security Services Supervisor, provide guests with a positive experience and be responsible for the day-to-day physical security and protection of the Milwaukee BUCKS Arena, employees, guests, and property of the Arena. Provide discrete security at all entrances to the Arena, VIP rooms/waiting areas and restricted areas of the facility; ensure that the Arena and surrounding property remain intact and undamaged.
This role has union representation by MASH.
- Interact with Arena guests, vendors and employees in a courteous and professional manner; assist with crowd control inside and outside premises; welcome guests, provide assistance and direction for arena services, and answer any questions guests may have.
- Work assigned position in or around the Arena and parking structure during all scheduled events; conduct rounds of the area to keep unauthorized individuals away from the performers and out of the restricted areas; assist departments with any security related issues.
- Enforce all Arena policies and procedures; this regularly involves approaching violators and communicating with them on a one-on-one basis; warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles.
- Inspect equipment, bags and all other items that are carried into the Arena ; use a hand-held detection tool to detect weapons and other prohibited items on patrons.
- Monitor guests to ensure compliance with organizational expectations for guest and employee behavior before, during and after an event; handle any disturbances or problems that arise during events or at the facility; if necessary, escort disruptive individuals to security office and/or off the premises.
- Document all safety and medical incidents; meet with law enforcement officials on and/or off the premises; record data such as property damage, unusual occurrences, and malfunctioning of machinery or equipment, for use by supervisory staff.
- Control unusual circumstances and events during fire, storm, riots and other emergencies; implement the Emergency Preparedness Plan when necessary; alert management to safety concerns inside or outside of the facility.
- Attend pre-event and other staff meetings and training sessions; perform other duties as assigned.
- Work effectively with large crowds and handle difficult guest/event situations in a professional manner
- Must be able to interact effectively and calmly with angry or emotional guests and/or employees during intensely aggravated circumstances.
- Ability to effectively manage crises and work under pressure without loss of composure.
- Ability to memorize, recollect and quickly retrieve relevant information.
- Must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance at all times
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to comprehend and follow instructions and take direction from supervisor and managers.
- Ability to read, understand and process routine information in written form.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time (4-5 hours) at a time.
- Ability to maintain a commitment to the Company’s goals and objectives.
- Must be able to work independently
- Ability to work effectively on a team
- Ability to maintain patron, employee, and company confidentiality
- Experience with portable radio and paging systems.
- Strong communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior customer service experience in a public setting
- Previous law enforcement, security or military experience preferred
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work outside in various environmental conditions
All offers for employment with the Milwaukee Bucks are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check and drug screening. We will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state, and Federal laws.
The Milwaukee Bucks is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Ethnic Minority/Women/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
We provide our employees with a robust employee benefits plan that focuses on the mental and physical wellness of our team. We strive to offer a flexible work environment that allows our team members to be productive in both their work and home lives.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.