Job Title: Retail Supervisor
Class: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Location: Fiserv Forum and Bayshore Mall
The Milwaukee Bucks are looking for dedicated people who embrace diversity, equity & inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
It all begins with outstanding talent, It all begins with YOU! #FearTheDeer
What We Offer:
- Mental Health Resources
- On-the-job Training
- Milwaukee Bucks and NBA League Discounts
- Company Paid Parking
The Retail Supervisor will report to the Retail Operations Manager, sell retail merchandise to guests in accordance with company’s customer service standards and applicable operational standards. This is a part-time role that requires days, nights, and weekends. Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Greets and acknowledges guests.
- Answers guests’ questions and assists them whenever possible.
- Recommends, selects, and helps locate or acquire merchandise for guests.
- Processes sale with appropriate point of sale system, accepts payment, counts change and bags merchandise.
- Follows all register procedures and handles cash accordingly.
- Exchanges merchandise for guests and processes returns, with approval of supervisor
- Maintains records related to sales.
- Ensures that all merchandise is accurately labeled and displayed.
- Routinely stocks merchandise and faces items on shelves.
- Verifies amount of bank at beginning and the end of each shift.
- Maintains a clean and organized store or stand.
- Maintains orderly back-stock and knows where goods are to be found.
- Sets aside and notifies supervisor of defective, mis-marked, mislabeled, incorrectly priced, shopworn, or damaged merchandise.
- Watches for and recognizes security risks and thefts and reports to security and management.
- Completes all related close-out paperwork.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Conducts inventory, as directed by supervisor/manager.
- Assists with loading and unloading of merchandise.
Education & Experience:
- Previous experience in cash handling and operating point-of-sale systems in a retail or customer service environment is a plus!
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Outstanding customer, attention to details, and organizational skills.
- Good communication skills to connect with guests and co-workers.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately handle money and count change.
- Willingness to aggressively sell assigned items.
- Capable of following job guidelines and supervisors' instructions.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to stand for entire length of shift.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs if needed.
- Bending, reaching, and climbing on step stool.
- Visual acuity sufficient to see and distinguish merchandise and operate point-of-sale system.
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Majority of time spent in indoor, climate-controlled environment of retail store
- May also be exposed to partially sheltered outdoor environment subject to climate fluctuations.
All offers for employment with the Milwaukee Bucks are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. We will consider people with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state, and Federal laws.
The Milwaukee Bucks is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Ethnic Minority/Women/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
We provide our employees with a robust employee benefits plan that focuses on the mental and physical wellness of our team. We strive to offer a flexible work environment that allows our team members to be productive in both their work and home lives.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.