Job Title: Operations Setup / Conversion Crew Member
Class: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Reports To: Conversion Manager
Location: Entire Deer District
The Milwaukee Bucks are looking for dedicated people who embrace diversity, equity & inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
It all begins with outstanding talent, It all begins with YOU! #FearTheDeer
What We Offer:
- Mental Health Resources
- On-the-job Training
- Milwaukee Bucks and NBA League Discounts
- Company Paid Parking
This is a position that supports the building operations and conversions within Deer District and Fiserv Forum, assuring tasks are accurately completed on-time. This role will be part of the setup / conversion crew and will be responsible for setting and removing equipment for events.
Most conversions will take place during overnight hours (10:00 PM – 4:00 AM) with additional hours available during first and second shifts (7:00 AM – 4:00 PM and 3:00 PM – 11:00 PM). Must have a ‘can-do’, team-oriented attitude and a desire to make Deer District the best possible destination for fellow team members, clients, and guests.
This role has union representation by MASH.
- Complete conversions consisting of installing and removing basketball courts, building stages, moving retractable seating sections, courtside chairs and platforms, media areas, dressing rooms and hospitality areas, tables, chairs, pipe and drape, etc.
- Learn accurate techniques and approaches for setups to prevent damage to equipment and fellow team members.
- Set up and perform general maintenance of all staging panels, barriers, back drop panels, and stage skirting as it applies to specific needs according to the different shows held in the arena.
- Performing basic laundry tasks of table linens and other items.
- Prepare the arena for ice events by helping with the conversions, building and maintaining the ice surface, installing dashers and hockey glass, and other such duties.
- Organize and clean all storage areas in the district.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred, but not required.
- The ability to lift up to 100 pounds consistently.
- Prior forklift certification is preferred.
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently as needed.
- Hours vary from week to week based on scheduled events and department needs.
- Must be available to work overnight and irregular shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Shifts are typically 3-6 hours in duration, with a goal of 3-4 hours. Average of 3-5 conversions per week during the basketball season – October – May.
All offers for employment with the Milwaukee Bucks are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. We will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state, and Federal laws.
The Milwaukee Bucks is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Ethnic Minority/Women/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.