Job Title: Arena Operations Control Operator
Reports to: Manager of Security
The Milwaukee Bucks are looking for dedicated people who embrace diversity, equity & inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
It all begins with outstanding talent, It all begins with YOU! #FearTheDeer
What We Offer:
- Mental Health Resources
- On-the-job Training
- Milwaukee Bucks and NBA League Discounts
- Company Paid Parking
The Arena Operations Control Operator will be responsible for the day-to-day physical security and protection of the Fiserv Forum, employees, guests, and property of the Arena. Provide services related to control of access to the building, monitoring and controlling building systems, utilizing building surveillance systems monitor the building and premises. Complete daily logs and prepare incident reports as needed.
- Monitor and regulate pedestrian traffic at arena entrance/exit to maintain building security.
- Ensure all personnel entering the complex are properly identified and credentialed.
- Greet guests, provide assistance and direction for other arena services, and answer any questions our guests may have; issue visitor passes.
- Monitor employees, vendors, guests and tenants entering/leaving building and grounds.
- Issues keys and radios to facility users as required; charge radios and conduct performance maintenance checks on radios and the CCTV server.
- Communicate to Facility Operations, the General Manager and department head all building and building system deficiencies/problems via E-mail, telephone or radio.
- Perform shift/daily key and radio inventory; record loss or damage on shift log.
- Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information.
- Assess facility security and safety levels including monitoring of electronic fire and burglary systems for evidence of potentially hazardous situations.
- Monitor security cameras for noteworthy activity and keeps notes in electronic logbook.
- Maintains a shift log of activities and events and write reports on incidents occurring at the complex.
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Assist with the evacuation of buildings as needed.
Attend departmental and company staff meetings; perform other related duties as required or requested.
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Ability to observe safety procedures and safe working practices.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment and identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to recognize and respond effectively in emergencies.
- Ability to make sound, independent judgments within established polices and procedures.
- Ability to read, understand and process routine and complex information in written form.
- Ability to operate VICTOR / C-CURE 9000 computer system and use personal computer equipment to access, retrieve or input information using MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to maintain a commitment to the Company’s goals and objectives.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, and the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with supervisors, co-workers and building tenants.
- Ability to work independently, display initiative and to perform tasks with limited supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Requires a high school diploma or GED, and some computer experience. Preference will be given to candidates with college-level coursework in law enforcement or other relevant fields or prior experience in general security. Candidate should have strong customer service and organizational skills and be able to function in a multi-task environment. Candidate must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays as needed. CPR/First Aid certifications preferred.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is routinely required to walk, stand, and sit as needed. The employee may on occasion be required to lift objects weighing no more than 20 lbs. to height, is required to stoop, bend, or crouch. The employee is required to perform work at a computer terminal, to give verbal instructions, speak on the phone, and hear and understand conversation in an office environment. The employee routinely has contact with the public. The employee is routinely required to work with others to accomplish joint projects and to work alone on his/her own tasks. The work environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are rarely hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
The individual filling this position must be willing to adjust their work hours based on the needs of the department and must have excellent attendance and punctuality. Hours of work will vary and can include nights, weekends and holidays as required.
The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employee(s) within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
All offers for employment with the Milwaukee Bucks are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. We will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state, and Federal laws.
The Milwaukee Bucks is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Ethnic Minority/Women/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
We provide our employees with a robust employee benefits plan that focuses on the mental and physical wellness of our team. We strive to offer a flexible work environment that allows our team members to be productive in both their work and home lives.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.