Title: Vice President, Arena and Hospitality Marketing
Class: Full-time, Salaried - Exempt
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer
Location: Fiserv Forum
As part of our commitment to health and safety, we are requiring that all full-time/part-time team members and new hires be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to certain limited exceptions.
The Milwaukee Bucks are looking for talented people who embrace diversity, equity & inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
It all begins with outstanding talent, It all begins with YOU! #FearTheDeer
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, as well as mental health resources
- 8 weeks of paid time off for parents to welcome newborns, adopted and foster children
- Unlimited PTO
- Professional Development through our internal learning & development program - Antler Academy
- Employee Resource Groups
- Milwaukee Bucks and NBA League Discounts
- Qualified Parking and Phone Allowance
The Vice President of Marketing will focus primarily on the promotion of concerts, sporting events and other events within the venue, on the plaza, and throughout the Deer District as a whole. This individual will work closely with event promoters to develop and implement creative marketing campaigns that promote public awareness and drive event sales. This is a site-wide role, which includes Fiserv Forum and Deer District as well as Team events. This position is located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Lead Fiserv Forum marketing team and serve as main liaison with event promoters, agencies and other user groups (such as Marquette Athletics) of Fiserv Forum and Plaza.
- Create and supervise marketing & communication plans for events when required to include all available services: group sales, public relations, media placement, direct marketing, promotional development, non-profit opportunities, etc.
- Collaborate with event sales team to assist with the booking and programming of Fiserv Forum and Deer District
- Develop marketing materials and procedures to have the department function effectively as an in-house agency.
- Partner with in-house creative services, digital, and direct marketing teams to use team assets to help drive ticket sales and create incremental revenue.
- Direct initiatives to increase traffic to facility website and maintain current format/content and build sellable advertising placements.
- Remain current on national trends in the industry and local market changes to best serve the facility.
- Communicate daily with media partners, promoters, and entertainment agencies to maintain cooperative, positive relationships.
- Develop a sales strategy to sell tickets for Fiserv Forum and Plaza events.
- Generate new marketing leads, negotiate agreements, and activate trades to reduce departmental spending and to help offset budgeted line items.
- Facilitate all marketing needs for any additional Bucks owned establishments, such as The MECCA Sports Bar & Grill. This includes ad buys, social media, website, database, emails, and more.
- Work closely with food and beverage provider to generate sellable specialty items, create pre/post show experiences, and publicize food promotions for all events.
- Create unique Front of House and Back of House experiences for tours, artists, and guests.
- Handle artist and promoter gifting, as well as any day of show enhancements.
- A minimum 10+ years of related work experience in live event entertainment marketing and proven history of outstanding leadership skills.
- Experience working with sports, entertainment, and corporate organizations is a plus!
- Large network of sports and music marketing partners.
- Proven record of developing and managing budgets, successful negotiation of complex & diverse agreements, and mentoring & coaching productive teams
- Broad based experience/understanding of integrated marketing (advertising, promotion, publicity, and online)
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours.
All offers for employment with the Milwaukee Bucks are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. We will consider people with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state, and Federal laws.
The Milwaukee Bucks is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Ethnic Minority/Women/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
We provide our employees with a robust employee benefits plan that focuses on the mental and physical wellness of our team. We strive to offer a flexible work environment that allows our team members to be productive in both their work and home lives.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.