Engineer/HVAC Technician - Full Time with Miami HEAT in Miami, FL
Miami HEAT jobs
Sports Jobs in Miami, FL
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Facility/Venue Management
Overview of the Job: Under general direction, responsible for monitoring, repairing and maintaining the various types of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC) systems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate and repair the facility’s HVACR system to maintain the safe and efficient operation of the facility;
- Monitor operation of facility HVACR systems noting current status, identifying potential problems and taking corrective action where appropriate;
- Assist, perform, develop and implement preventative maintenance and other standard operating procedures on HVAC equipment;
- Record and log all work performed, complete work order slips and compile all required reports in a timely and complete manner through the building maintenance work order system
- Respond to visual and audible alarms from building automation and life safety systems;
- Operate equipment, such as, light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, scrubbing machines, or other light power driven equipment;
- Maintain an adequate inventory of spare parts and supplies, prepare requisition forms for purchases and pick up supplies and materials from vendors;
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed;
- Assists co-workers in the Engineering and Operations departments with projects.
- Inspect / Maintain Ice plant keep logs of all readings;
- Maintain / operate chiller water system;
- Supervise / Inspect all tenants HVACR System;
- Maintain HVACR at food, beverage pantries, concession stands and main kitchen.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possess any licenses, certificates and/or training required by local, state or national authorities for the operation system. Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the facility’s state.Possess refrigerant, E.P.A., and Journeyman certificate(s).
- Demonstrate a through understanding of the operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services, and technical requirements for the types of HVAC needs anticipated at the facility.
- Ability to properly use all tools, equipment and methodology for operation and maintenance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender/gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status entitled to protection under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws. EOE & DFWP
How did you hear about this job?
(Yes/No) Do you possess a Journeyman certificate?
(Yes/No) Do you possess a refrigerant, E.P.A. certificate?
(Yes/No) Do you have blueprint and line diagram interpretation knowledge?