Director, Learning and Development - Full Time with Miami HEAT in Miami, FL
Miami HEAT jobs
Sports Jobs in Miami, FL
Other (consulting, membership, non-profit, real estate): Qualitative Research Experience
Position Summary: The Director of Learning and Development must oversee Learning and Development programs directly for AAA staff, leaders, and third party vendors and partners. Indirectly for HEAT staff and leaders in-conjunction with the People and Organizational Development Team. Position is responsible for organizing Learning and Development programs, including creating or selecting course content and materials. Often, Learning and Development takes place in a classroom setting, computer laboratory or Learning and Development facility. Some Learning and Development is in the form of a video, Web-based program, or self-guided instructional manual. Learning and Development may also be collaborative, which allows employees to informally connect with experts, mentors, and colleagues, often through social media or other online mediums. Director is responsible for ensuring that Learning and Development content, software, systems and equipment are appropriate and meaningful. Attend, facilitate, and/or support Business Operations Committee's to ensure goals and strategies align with the overall business objectives related to our Elevate program, to include, but not limited to the administration of survey's related to our service culture (Richey, QSA'a, NBA flight) and our defined position standards measurement programs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The following are examples of the various functions required. The job requirements are not limited to the items on this list.
- Oversee the overall operations of the Learning and Development department including L&D support staff as needed.
- Must have experience with conducting need assessments to create, develop, and apply the appropriate learnings tools; have knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instructions for individuals and groups
- Plan and facilitate our various organizational initiatives to reinforce our prime time programs including but not limited; Service Awards, Elevate pre-season kick-off, Chew and Chats etc
- Develop and Implement necessary measurement and tracking tools to ensure training initiatives and modules are effective and resonates with employees.
- Directly encourage, motivate, and measure all prime time staff to ensure they are delivering on our Elevate standards and common purpose.
- Work with arena leaderships to create on-going development modules and programs for career pathing and development for each position level
- Execute, monitor, and track our Elevate recognition program
- Ensure a seamless transition for new employees by providing an educational, informative, and engaging orientation program for all new hires.
- Must be influential with the necessary interpersonal skills to build relationships and collaborate with all stakeholders
- Plan on working game and Arena Events to conduct quality assurance walks measuring and ensuring compliance to our Elevate standards and common purpose
- Work with top executives and financial officers to identify and match Learning and Development priorities with overall business goals
- Create and maintain a supervisory and managerial leadership program for new and developing leaders to the management team
- Confer with managers of each department to identify Learning and Development needs to ensure compliance to Heat/AAA culture and adhere to our Common Purpose and defined standards.
- Must be fiscally adept ensuring department budgets and expenses are controlled and met; must have business acumen with the ability to track and forecast department financial performance including, understanding and complying with our SBD process.
- Represent AAA at all NBA/Disney meetings and correspondence related to the NBA and the Disney institute Elevate program
- Plan, direct, and coordinate programs to enhance the knowledge and skills of the organization’s employees
- Teach Learning and Development methods and skills to Elevate Ambassadors, who in turn, instruct the organization’s employees—both new and experienced.
Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master’s required demonstrating a comprehensive knowledge of the learning and development field with a minimum of 5-years’ experience in the L&D or related industry.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender/gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status entitled to protection under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws. EOE & DFWP
How did you hear about this job?
Have you ever created a career curriculum per position? (Yes/No)
Do you have experience working with an e-learning platform? (Yes/No)
Do you have any continued education certifications related to training and development programs? (Yes/No)
Are you comfortable working nights and weekends? (Yes/No)