Los Angeles Lakers Careers
Senior Motion Graphics Designer with Los Angeles Lakers in El Segundo, CA
Los Angeles Lakers jobs
Sports Jobs in El Segundo, CA
Web/Creative Services: Graphic Design/Creative Services
Job Title: Sr. Motion Graphics Designer
Reports to: Creative Director
Manages: Motion Graphics Designer
Department Goal: To provide fans the most engaging, unique and exciting in-person experience in the NBA, regardless of score, so they always choose to attend the game in person.
Position Summary: The Senior Motion Graphics Designer will be responsible for developing all motion graphics as needed by the Lakers organization, primarily focusing on in-arena, as well as social media and digital marketing. This position will work closely with the Creative Director and Director, Game Entertainment to create the motion graphics look and feel for each season.
Key metrics used to evaluate performance:
- Fan feedback – survey on performance from the NBA, in addition to a potential Lakers Season Ticket Member survey of department performance.
- Feedback from peer reviews of in-game entertainment and marketing around the league
Essential Functions (Duties and Responsibilities):
- Design 3D motion graphics for all Lakers video needs
- Work within marketing department to help develop and execute all motion graphics
- Serve as the main motion graphics animator for the GE department
- Work within the Marketing department to help create compelling and creative video content
- Create all motion graphics for Lakers brand including; headshots, moving logos, open videos, graphics packages and social media elements as needed
- Create all in-house Corporate Partner elements
- Collaborate with Director, GE and Creative Director to develop ideas and content for in-game entertainment
- Corporate Partner, Community Relations, etc.
- Help create new ideas and fan engaging elements for each season
Education (Required/Preferred): Bachelor’s Degree (required) in related field
Previous Experience: Minimum five (5) years of experience working in motion graphics field
- Understanding of Cinema 4D or Maya, Houdini a plus
- Adobe Creative Suite
Knowledge, skills, abilities:
- High level of attention to detail and works well under pressure
- A self-starter who can adapt and deliver high-quality work products in an ever-changing environment
- A passion for basketball and its history
Travel: Less than 10% of the time
Hours: Regular office hours (9am- 5:30pm M-F), plus all home games. Overtime is mandatory; must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays to complete deadlines as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?