Social Media Manager with LA Clippers in Los Angeles, CA
LA Clippers jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles, CA
Marketing: Social Media
Our Digital Media & Content team is looking for Social Media Manager to join their growing content team. As Manager, you will be responsible for day-to-day content production and channel management across Clippers-owned channels, with a focus on engaging and growing audiences across all of our social platforms. To be successful, you will effectively handle the message, tone, and content across each social platform, and broaden engagement of Clippers fans through creative, well-produced and well-timed content. You should also possess a deep understanding of how people digest and engage with social content, an eye for detail, and stay up-to-date on emerging platforms, industry trends, and best practices.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in and often take the lead on the ideation and production of social content and campaigns.
- Be a catalyst to day-to-day social publishing and write in the defined voice and tone of team accounts.
- Craft graphics and short-form video content for team social channels.
- Demonstrate news judgment to curate, prioritize, and publish posts that are consistent with the team and brand message, but also with an eye to expand and engage the LA Clippers’ audience.
- Attend and cover LA Clippers events, including home games, community initiatives, and other team events, with the goal to produce compelling content that captures fans attention.
- Monitor and assess content/channel performance analytics, report progress to goals and critical metrics to leadership team, and recommend solutions or new types of content based on previous performance.
- Monitor trends in organic, branded, and paid social media, all to inform a point-of-view and recommendation on how to best incorporate them into LA Clippers content strategies when meaningful.
- 2-4 years of experience in digital, marketing or content role preferred.
- Deep understanding of how major social platforms work (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, Tik Tok, etc.), and the ability to use each platform’s features effectively.
- Strong visual eye with regard to the creation and curation of graphics, photography, and video for social publishing.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite is helpful.
- Experience with social listening and analytics tools is preferred (CrowdTangle, TrackMaven, etc.)
- Extraordinary attention to detail and organization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
- Willingness and ability to work game nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Self-starter, data-driven thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to collaborate in a team-based culture.
Led by Chairman Steve Ballmer, the LA Clippers in 2018-19 are competing in the franchise’s 49th season and 35th in Los Angeles. They recently extended a franchise record, completing their seventh consecutive winning season in 2017-18. The team has logged the NBA’s 5th-best record over the course of head coach Doc Rivers’ five-year tenure. The Clippers are committed to the city of Los Angeles and through the LA Clippers Foundation, provide resources and opportunities that make a positive difference toward leveling the playing field for youth in Southern California. Visit the Clippers online at www.clippers.com or follow them on social media @LAClippers.
We are an equal opportunity employer. It is the Clipper’s desire and intent that all employees enjoy a professional business working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
How did you hear about this job?