Senior Accountant with LA Clippers in Los Angeles, CA
LA Clippers jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles, CA
Accounting and Finance: Accounting/Finance other
Our Finance & Accounting team is looking for a Senior Accountant to join it's DTLA-based group. As part of our team, you will partner with the Controller on the development, interpretation, and implementation of complex financial and accounting concepts, reports, techniques for financial planning and internal controls, and maintenance of the general ledger. You will also develop NBA-mandated financial reports, will support the monthly and quarterly accounting close process, and will work closely with other team members to build accurate and timely consolidated financial reporting in accordance with GAAP.
As a successful Senior Accountant, you will develop understanding of and assist in the evaluation of underlying business processes (e.g., A/R, A/P, box office/ticketing, merchandise, food & beverage, etc.). Additionally, you will support key aspects of the annual audits (E&Y, NAB BRI/CFS, etc.), including preparation of audits schedules and compiling records. You will also assist the Controller with administrative tasks such as chart of accounts administration, customer/vendor maintenance, and General Accounting work including but not limited to: fixed assets, prepaid expenses & accrued liabilities, basketball operations (player contracts, gate payments), inter-departmental charges and special projects as needed.
To be considered, you will have 3+ years of experience in an Accounting or Finance role and should exhibit a deep understanding of GAAP standard methodologies, SOX 404, month-end close processes, and internal controls.
This role reports directly to the Controller and is based in our downtown Los Angeles office.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Interprets financial policies, accounting theory, or financial regulations while also performing account reconciliations.
- Makes entries to general ledger accounting system and perform account analysis on general ledger accounts.
- Perform treasury management functions and complete monthly bank reconciliations.
- Preparation of various statutory & tax reporting requirements.
- Interface and act as the primary Accounting liaison for all Payroll related matters.
- Preparation and oversight of the monthly close process.
- Responsible for the accuracy, precision and timeliness of all financial data created by the Finance Team from Dynamics GP.
- Assist with the review of financial statements including investigation of account fluctuations, underlying financial entries, etc.
- Identify and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Maintain and process standard recurring financial journal entries.
- Evaluate all new offerings in the context of accounting and revenue recognition considerations.
- Work with FP&A to help accurately forecast revenue, expense and cash flows.
- Cross-train with other members of the Finance and Accounting team to provide backup coverage and for career development purposes.
- Performs other duties/projects as assigned.
Characteristics / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- Willingness to work 50+ hours/week.
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience.
- Previous Big 4 experience strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in sports or entertainment preferred.
- Experience in analyzing business performance and developing financial plans.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially in MS Excel or comparable complex spreadsheets.
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Standout colleague willing to take on ad hoc assignments and ability to work long hours.
- High level of personal integrity and professional ethics.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing business conditions.
- Demonstrated dedication with the ability to lead projects from origin through execution.
- Willingness to learn and should be able to flourish in a high growth, dynamic environment.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit with hands-on approach towards business.
Led by Chair Steve Ballmer, the LA Clippers in 2018-19 are competing in the franchise’s 49th season and 35th in Los Angeles. They recently extended a franchise record, completing their seventh consecutive winning season in 2017-18. The team has logged the NBA’s 5th-best record over the course of head coach Doc Rivers’ five-year tenure. The Clippers are committed to the city of Los Angeles and through the LA Clippers Foundation, provide resources and opportunities that make a positive difference toward leveling the playing field for youth in Southern California. Visit the Clippers online at www.clippers.com or follow them on social media @LAClippers.
We are an equal opportunity employer. It is the Clipper’s desire and intent that all employees enjoy a professional business working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
How did you hear about this job?