Publicist with LA Clippers in Los Angeles, CA
LA Clippers jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles, CA
Communications/Community Relations: Corporate Communications
We are seeking a results-driven communications professional to actively expand the organization’s storytelling via earned media. You will be responsible for developing and pitching narratives and unique, shareable content ideas that build credibility, while also increasing relevance and driving revenue in the market. You will excel at writing and controlling a narrative through interviews, while leveraging local and national media relationships. You will also help create consistency in how we communicate who we are as an organization locally and nationally. You make our team better by amplifying what we represent and where we're going. You are an ambassador of the LA Clippers' vision and values.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate within the integrated communications team and basketball operations to develop storylines that drive our narrative, in partnership with the Director of Basketball Communications and Director of Corporate Communications;
- Develop key storylines & content that create a differentiator for the Clippers in the marketplace;
- Create national moments that shine a spotlight on the evolution of the Clippers as an organization;
- Evolve and drive editorial calendar and voice for the team with a focus on building unique, shareable content across many information resources;
- Script storylines that provide meaningful content for partner distribution for outlets including media, digital partners, and broadcast partners;
- Foster strategic partnerships with relevant third-party media outlets, key personalities, and influencers to improve quality and quantity of brand coverage;
- Coach and develop direct reports into premier marketing communications professionals.
Characteristics / Qualifications
- BA/BS or equivalent is required; preferably in Marketing, Events, Public Relations or Communications.
- 10+ years of strong communications experience, preferably in professional sports, events and entertainment.
- Strong working relationships with LA-based and national sports and non-sports media outlets across all platforms.
- Ability to develop storylines and execute across many platforms.
- Knowledge of the content production process, and delivering on deadlines and within a budget.
- Strong writer with knowledge of and experience with AP style and/or writing for publication.
- A proven track record as an implementer who flourishes at handling a variety of key initiatives concurrently.
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to "lead by influence."
- High energy, mature leader who can be a unifying strength and position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Sincere dedication to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, fans, players and media members.
- Works as a reliable and flexible teammate with a friendly and professional attitude.
- Natural understanding of the difference between what is appropriate and will benefit the organization vs. what could potentially harm the brand.
- Can deftly and professionally handle all media types and independently troubleshoot on the fly.
- Demonstrated dedication with the ability to lead projects from origin through execution.
- Willingness to learn and should be able to flourish in a high growth, dynamic environment.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit with hands-on approach towards business.
Led by Chairman Steve Ballmer, the LA Clippers in 2019-20 are competing in the franchise’s 50th season and 36th in Los Angeles. They recently extended a franchise record, completing their eighth consecutive winning season in 2018-19. The team has logged the NBA’s 5th-best record over the course of head coach Doc Rivers’ five-year tenure. The Clippers are committed to the city of Los Angeles and through the LA Clippers Foundation, provide resources and opportunities that make a positive difference toward leveling the playing field for youth in Southern California. Visit the Clippers online at www.clippers.com or follow them on social media @LAClippers.
We are an equal opportunity employer. It is the Clipper’s desire and intent that all employees enjoy a professional business working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
How did you hear about this job?