President, Agua Caliente Clippers with Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario in Ontario, CA
Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario jobs
Sports Jobs in Ontario, CA
Administration/General Management: General Management/Profit & Loss
The Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario is an American professional basketball team of the NBA G League that began play for the 2017–18 season. The franchise is owned by and affiliated with the LA Clippers of the National Basketball Association (NBA). The team is based in Ontario, California.
We are looking for a Team President to lead the business operations and be an integral part of building a successful and profitable organization. You will develop programs and strategy to optimize visibility for the franchise, coordinate functions and operations for the organization and collaborate with LA Clippers leadership to plan business objectives. You will also be responsible for growing revenue by identifying and executing new and exciting programs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the AC Clippers as the chief executive and primary contact with League (NBA/NBA-G) office, lead business and league relationships; responsible for reporting and implementation of league guidelines and best practices.
- Lead staff and provide overall direction, coordination, development and evaluation of all departments and staff. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding, and mentoring employees; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
- Lead the development and execution of sales strategy and planning, as well as business operations planning and execution franchise across all consumer touch points.
- Plan and develop programs to improve AC Clippers' image and relationship with fans, customers, employees, public, and senior management. Establish excellent relationships with corporate and other partners, including local governments and the community. Show contribution as a valuable member of the community.
- Boost profit and return through the overall leadership business and staff while handling the budget with acute fiscal rigor.
- Handle all aspects of team operations, including establishing all programs undertaken in the arena. Focus attention on the marketing and finance needs of the organization.
- Liaise as day-to-day contact with arena leadership and city/county leadership.
- Direct management and accountability for annual business plan and budget.
- Ensure events and games are properly resourced to provide an engaging guest experience and a professional environment for the team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Characteristics / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or related field from an accredited college or university; MBA preferred.
- Experience running a business, including full P&L ownership. Sports/entertainment industry preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of previous sports-related sales and account management experience.
- Dedication to building an elite business operation.
- Strong experience in working cooperatively with management, success at leading staff, and an effective communicator preferably having experience in public speaking and interaction with the media.
- Able to identify and evaluate strategic opportunities, and develop business and brand plans.
- The highest level of integrity and confidentiality.
- In order to attend company events and all home games, you will work extended hours including nights, weekends, holidays. Some travel included.
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit with a hands-on approach towards business.
- Demonstrated dedication with the ability to lead projects from origin through execution.
- Willingness to learn and should be able to flourish in a fast-growing, dynamic environment.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
We are an equal opportunity employer. It is the Clipper’s desire and intent that all employees enjoy a professional business working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
How did you hear about this job?