Payroll Manager with LA Clippers in Los Angeles, CA
LA Clippers jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles, CA
Accounting and Finance: Payroll
Payroll Manager is responsible for the accurate and timely payroll processing for all LA Clippers LLC and Clippers G League LLC employees in accordance with company policies. Payroll includes multi-state processing. In this role you will be responsible for processing four monthly payrolls using an automated payroll system as well as time and attendance system to produce payroll and reports as well as ensure timely payment to employees.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer and process all payroll in a timely and accurate manner including the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts.
- Lead payroll operations including financial management of player contracts; state tax calculations and filings, recovery of personal expenses, sales commissions, benefits tracking and proper recording of payroll.
- Review and execute all changes to payroll to ensure accuracy and validity prior to payroll submission.
- Ensure all payroll changes are processed and flow through payroll system in a timely manner.
- Maintain payroll records in a confidential manner.
- Reconcile payrolls and provide general ledger support.
- Assist in preparation of all necessary tax filings, as required.
- Prepare and submit all 401k and other employee benefit programs funding requests to ensure timely and accurate postings to member accounts.
- Lead 401K audits, reporting, and annual filings.
- Calculates the taxable value of fringe benefits to include per diem, season tickets, and moving expenses.
- Reconcile quarterly and year-end payroll reports to ensure accurate and complete preparation of W-2 forms.
- Provides recommendations for improved processes i.e. time collection and classification for part-time game operations employees, as well as applicable new laws and regulations (Department of Labor).
- Reviews timesheets, work charts, wage computation, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
- Maintains track of employees’ time off to include vacation, personal, and sick leave, for employees, ensuring entries are correctly recorded into payroll system (ADP).
- Assists with the processes of hiring-related paperwork, as well as new hire orientation.
- Other related duties as required.
Characteristics / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- At least 3 years of prior experience in payroll management and administration.
- Highly proficient using cloud-based payroll software and reporting system (ADP).
- Strong knowledge of multi-state payroll processing, duty day calculations and tax reporting requirements.
- Excellent computer skills to include a proficiency and solid background in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Ability to professionally handle highly sensitive and confidential information including the security of employee personal information.
- Strong customer service skills; ability to interact with internal customers effectively by phone, email, and in person.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the company.
- Ability to multi-task, detail-oriented, and organized.
- Deadline driven.
- Ability to work nights/weekends/flexible schedule.
- Accounting background preferred.
- Demonstrated dedication with the ability to lead projects from origin through execution.
- Willingness to learn and should be able to flourish in a fast-growing, dynamic environment.
- Effective interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit with hands-on approach towards business.
Led by Chairman Steve Ballmer, the LA Clippers in 2018-19 are competing in the franchise’s 49th season and 35th in Los Angeles. They recently extended a franchise record, completing their seventh consecutive winning season in 2017-18. The team has logged the NBA’s 5th-best record over the course of head coach Doc Rivers’ five-year tenure. The Clippers are committed to the city of Los Angeles and through the LA Clippers Foundation, provide resources and opportunities that make a positive difference toward leveling the playing field for youth in Southern California. Visit the Clippers online at www.clippers.com or follow them on social media @LAClippers.
The LA Clippers are an equal opportunity employer. It is the Clipper’s desire and intent that all employees enjoy a professional business working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
How did you hear about this job?