Director, Corporate Partnerships with LA Clippers in Los Angeles, CA
LA Clippers jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles, CA
Sponsorship Sales & Activation: Corporate Sponsorship Sales
We are looking for a partnership seller to join our Corporate Partnerships team in Downtown Los Angeles. In this role, you will prospect, pitch and sell partnership programs for the Clippers. As Director, you will responsible for generating revenue through the sale of media, signage, promotions, digital/social, hospitality, tickets and all other team marketing assets.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Prospect, nurture, and close new business partnerships using Clippers controlled media/sponsorship assets, using a combination of phone prospecting and onsite and out-of-office sales meetings.
- Develop new, exciting, and creative concepts and integrated programs, in conjunction with our partners, that provide measurable benefits to each individual partner based on their stated needs and business objectives.
- Partner with internal departments including, Marketing, Community Relations, Communications, Ticket Sales & Services to build a broader activation platform for Corporate Partners.
- Meet and exceed revenue goals and sales activity levels, and report on personal production and activities.
- Strive to achieve or exceed company and department renewal and incremental revenue objectives.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients and media planning & buying agencies.
- Conduct Corporate Partnership renewal process, including presentation of recap documents, providing recommendations for growing the partnership, preparation of renewal proposals, account summaries and deal term preparation.
- Craft added value and up-sell opportunities for existing Corporate Partners.
- Handle all elements of Corporate Partner agreements in relation to signage, print, television, radio, memberships, Internet, promotions, community relations, and hospitality.
- Partner with Finance department to ensure accurate and timely billing per contract and also monitoring of payments received.
- Attend and participate in weekly departmental sales and game-related marketing and activation meetings.
- Generate and distribute account summaries for assigned Corporate Partners.
- Be knowledgeable of corporate partner’s business and industry
Characteristics / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, business, marketing (or similar field) or Sports Management from four-year college or university required.
- Minimum of five years in a similar position with a consumer brand, agency, media/sports property or similar organization.
- Able to establish and maintain corporate relationships, with senior level executives, managers/clients.
- Demonstrated knowledge of general promotional concepts and marketing principles.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Willingness to work long and sometimes irregular hours; including nights, holidays and weekends.
- Demonstrated dedication with the ability to lead projects from origin through execution.
- Willingness to learn and should be able to flourish in a high growth, dynamic environment.
- Effective interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit with hands-on approach towards business.
Led by Chairman Steve Ballmer, the LA Clippers in 2018-19 are competing in the franchise’s 49th season and 35th in Los Angeles. They recently extended a franchise record, completing their seventh consecutive winning season in 2017-18. The team has logged the NBA’s 5th-best record over the course of head coach Doc Rivers’ five-year tenure. The Clippers are committed to the city of Los Angeles and through the LA Clippers Foundation, provide resources and opportunities that make a positive difference toward leveling the playing field for youth in Southern California. Visit the Clippers online at www.clippers.com or follow them on social media @LAClippers.
We are an equal opportunity employer. It is the Clipper’s desire and intent that all employees enjoy a professional business working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
How did you hear about this job?