Coordinator, Basketball Communications with LA Clippers in Los Angeles, CA
LA Clippers jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles, CA
Communications/Community Relations: Media Manager
Our Communications team is looking for a Basketball Communications Coordinator to join the team! Coordinator will help with help drive the overall narrative of the Clippers across all owned and earned media channels, and will assist in developing the voice and tone of the team and organization. In this role, you will be primarily responsible for all credential requests, game seating charts, visiting team hotel packs, communications needs from other internal departments, assist in game notes and publications as well as helping craft Clippers’ basketball storylines. You will also handle the game night intern program, assist with the game night stat crew, and work closely with the basketball operations department to support many projects related to players and the team.
The development of local and national media relationship is crucial to the success of the position, as is building an atmosphere in which media want to cover the LA Clippers. Attending team practices and traveling with team will be required. In addition, this role will at times, assist in coordinating day-to-day interviews with coaches and players.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and distribute daily earned and social media highlights;
- Ensure that all game day needs and visiting team needs are done on time and sufficiently;
- Work within the communications teams to develop daily storylines and help plan;
- Strong writing skills needed to craft daily basketball editorial content;
- When needed, travel with team, attend practices and assist in daily interview needs under guidance of Director of Communications;
- Ability to come up with strong basketball and corporate communication story ideas and pitch to media to ensure proper coverage;
- Strong leadership skills in order to help handle game night intern program consisting of 5-10 interns doing game night duties to ensure success.
- BA/BS or equivalent is required.
- 2-5 years of strong communications experience, preferably in professional sports, events and entertainment.
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop storylines and execute across multiple platforms.
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Knowledge of sports communications publications and ability to deliver them on time.
- Ability to work with multiple stat programs;
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Sincere dedication to work collaboratively with all media, visiting teams and departments within the organization.
- Must be a reliable and flexible team player with a friendly and professional attitude.
- Must be able to professionally handle all media types and independently troubleshoot on the fly.
- Demonstrated dedication and able to lead projects from origin through execution.
- Willingness to learn and flourish in a fast-growing, dynamic environment.
- Effective interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit with hands-on approach towards business.
Led by Chairman Steve Ballmer, the LA Clippers in 2019-20 are competing in the franchise’s 50th season and 36th in Los Angeles. They recently extended a franchise record, completing their eighth consecutive winning season in 2018-19. The team has logged the NBA’s 5th-best record over the course of head coach Doc Rivers’ five-year tenure. The Clippers are committed to the city of Los Angeles and through the LA Clippers Foundation, provide resources and opportunities that make a positive difference toward leveling the playing field for youth in Southern California. Visit the Clippers online at www.clippers.com or follow them on social media @LAClippers.
We are an equal opportunity employer. It is the Clipper’s desire and intent that all employees enjoy a professional business working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
How did you hear about this job?