This is a part-time, hourly sales position, with responsibility for selling ticket packages, season tickets, and group events via the phone. We are looking for people that have a passion for basketball, the ability to sell, and want to start a career in the sports industry.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Meet the established sales objectives. This includes structured execution of sales calls, setting up in-arena visits and outside appointments.
- Make a minimum of 75 outbound sales calls each day with the goal of establishing new ticket revenue.
- Identify business opportunities by establishing professional and personal networks, proactively soliciting and following-up on any sales leads and representing the Grizzlies at assigned functions
- Meet and exceed weekly and monthly sales goals
- Work assigned sales, promotional and team events for the purpose of developing new prospects and referral opportunities
- Acquire an in-depth knowledge of all Grizzlies ticketing products, understanding the scope of ticketing opportunities and maintaining a well-organized sales appointment process
- Contribute to corporate business objectives by collecting and forwarding any sponsorship, advertising, team promotions and suites-leads to department management.
- Ability to document and report call volume, as well as prospect lists
- Uphold the sales and service mandates of the department by working in conjunction with the entire Sales and Service Department
- Other related duties as assigned
Skills, Abilities and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Outgoing personality with interest in the sales process and sports industry
- Willingness to learn and ability to work within a team atmosphere
- Able to work a flexible, part time (5-8 hours a day) schedule to be determined
- Previous telemarketing and sales experience desired