The Texas Legends are seeking to hire a Head Strength Coach to join the team. Under direct supervision by the GM, VP of Basketball Operations, and Head Coach of the Legends and in conjunction with the Dallas Mavericks Medical & Performance staff the position will be responsible for all aspects of Strength & Conditioning. The position requires a dynamic, self-motivated, organized, energetic and creative strength and conditioning coach. NSCA-CSCS certification is required and an NATA ATC Certification is preferred. This position represents one of the key functions within the Texas Legends structure, to allow players to develop high level preparation for the physical requirements of professional basketball. This position is a 6 month (October through April) position with a salary of $2500 per month.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Develop and implement periodized strength & conditioning programs to develop players’ performance and reduce injuries
- Develop individual player profile including player benchmarks
- Develop individualized rehabilitation programs for injured athletes in conjunction with the athletic training staff
- Integrate with Dallas Mavericks Medical & Performance Staff to understand the needs of the individual player and corresponding training philosophies
- Available to work varying schedules, weekends
- Full time travel with the team
- Strong communication skills, detail-oriented and creativity in order to adapt in a fast-paced environment and situations with limited resources
- Well-organized, enthusiastic and focused goal-setter committed to the culture developed by the Texas Legends & Dallas Mavericks
- Bachelor’s in Exercise Science or Related field
- NSCA-CSCS Required
- Current CPR/AED Certification
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.