The Texas Legends of the NBA G League is searching for game night NGSS Statisticians and clock crew. These individuals would need to both understand the game of basketball and also be technically savvy. The NBA G League uses NGSS Statistician equipment which is comprised of a group of touch screen computers that send the live data, which the statistician inputs, to the website for viewers at home and generate box scores throughout the game. This is a game-day seasonal position only.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (Including but Not Limited to):
- Arrive no later than 1 hour before tip-off
- Oversee pre-game setup of all stats equipment
- Compare pre-game input of game officials, rosters, etc.
- Communicate each game with NBA and NGSS Help Desk
- Input all stats and information throughout the entire game
- Have clear understanding of the clock system and its functions
- Validate all stats throughout the game with NGSS program and Official Scorer to ensure 100% accuracy
- Submit all final game files and documents to NGSS Help Desk and Team P.R. Director
- Stay after the closing of each game to ensure stats were sent to appropriate affiliations.
- Per NBA guidelines all courtside personnel must be fully vaccinated to protect against COVID-19.
- NBA NGSS Formal Statistical Training
- Must work well with computers and the clock system
- Must be able to multitask and work well under pressure
- Must understand the game of basketball and the rules and regulations of the NBA
- Previous stat/clock experience with professional, college or high school teams required.
- Must be available to work nights and weekends
- Must clear NBA clearinghouse (background check)
- Must be able to work professionally with referees, coaches and players
- Must be able to take direction and apply directions quickly and effectively
COMPENSATION: TBD (per game compensation ONLY)
GENERAL NOTES: The Texas Legends are the proud affiliate of the 2011 NBA Champion Dallas Mavericks and play all home games at the Comerica Center located in Frisco, Texas.
START DATE: October 2021
Note: When you apply for this job, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you know all of the NBA statistical rules and regulations?
2. Are you available to work nights and weekends?
3. Do you have transportation to and from all home games?
4. Have you ever bet on an NBA, NBA G League or WNBA game?
5. Do you have prior experience with high school, college, NBA G League, NBA or WNBA statistics?