We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Customer Service Representative with Dallas Mavericks in Dallas, TX
The DallasMavs.Shop Customer Service Representative will be responsible for providing a seamless, positive service experience for all customer inquiries and online orders. This representative will maintain ownership of all customer service inquires including email, phone and social platforms. They must maintain the highest degree of customer service every day by demonstrating exemplary service leadership in the areas of phone conversation quality, text verbiage, written communication, complaint resolution, product knowledge, shipping expertise and online store expectations. The Customer Service Representative will work closely with the E-Commerce Web Manager to ensure the online store provides the best experience through all DallasMavs.Shop channels, in accordance with the Dallas Mavericks mission, vision, branding and philosophy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversee all customer service inquiries through DallasMavs.Shop email, phone and social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) including DM’s and comments.
- Operate customer service phone line during customer service hours, respond to all inquiries within 24 hours (pending weekends and holiday schedule).
- Expertise and ownership in Dallasmavs.shop shipping policies through several shipping services (UPS, USPS, Fed-Ex, etc.) and maintain ongoing communication with these services.
- Diffuse anger and frustration by providing solution-oriented resolutions in a timely, effective manner, while maintaining fairness and courtesy.
- Always ensure the security and privacy of customer information.
- Adhere to department and company policies and procedures.
- Maintain and immediately update the Returns/Exchanges Fulfillment Center Spreadsheet.
- Stay up-to-date on all product knowledge, company information, departmental information/initiatives and be able to use discretion with confidential information; in order to be the “go-to” person when answering questions through DallasMavs.Shop communication channels.
- Work closely with E-Commerce Manager to maintain and develop the “voice” of Dallasmavs.shop.
- Communicate daily with staff operating The Hangar stores, arena merchandise, buying team, Selery Fulfillment team, and warehouse staff, in order to maintain expert level of customer service.
- Build and maintain customer service to enhance fan relationships and create brand loyalty.
- Document ALL interaction with fans in Shopify in order to track order details, feedback, customer complaints, solutions, etc.
- Demonstrate openness to change, including the ability to learn new technologies quickly and the flexibility to adapt to new working environments.
- Prioritize and work on several projects simultaneously.
- Willingness to take on new tasks as decided by e-commerce manager, buying team, or VP of Merchandise & Brand Identity.
- Ability to operate, understand and use Shopify, Yellow Dog and Ship Hero.
- In-depth understanding of inventory life cycle of an item; in addition, work closely with buying team and e-commerce manager to learn specific processes and procedures on inventory returns, damages, receiving, etc.
- Maintain proactive work ethic including willingness to improve the business, completing tasks without being asked, and developing solutions in order to “own” your business.
PERIODIC OR SECONDARY POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Assure the Dallas Mavericks Shop website is accessible and fully functional to every customer from landing page to order conformation page – ensure customer journey on the site is seamless.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Work in an office or at the arena during high traffic times, including home games during the season with the Merchandising team.
- Work at any Merchandise related events such as collection launches, pop-up shops, etc.
- Periodically travel to arena warehouse and to off-site web fulfillment warehouse when needed.
- Demonstrate ability to build positive relationships with employees in the office, at our fulfillment center, and with the arena merchandising team.
- Be able to communicate at all levels, both inside and outside the organization, with not only external customers, but internal customers as well.
- Immediately accept constructive feedback, then make proactive changes as a result of the feedback.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal, text and written, including details and strategy all while maintaining the “voice” of the shop.
- Ability to evaluate content in an unbiased fashion, demonstrate patience, listen to the customer, then take appropriate actions to drive for results.
- Proactive, solution and detail-oriented.
- Proficiency in social media account management – Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter; quick learner for a multifaceted business and able to take initiative.
- Understand and follow all work rules and procedures.
- Be able to use their best judgement in handling customer situations when E-Commerce Manager, Buyers or VP are not present.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Proficiency in multiple operating systems: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), iOS and Android, Inventory Management Software (Yellow Dog and Counterpoint) as well as E-Commerce and Shipment Software (Shopify & ShipHero).
- 2- 5 years of flawless experience in customer service (selling to and working with customers).
- A hands-on self-starter, with a can-do positive attitude, willingness to roll up their sleeves to do whatever it takes to get the job done, and a strong work ethic will also be essential.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Customer Service Representative to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
The Dallas Mavericks provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.