The Dallas Mavericks are looking for a Seasonal / Temporary Executive Assistant to provide high-level administrative support to the Gaming / Player Relations and Youth Basketball division.
In this role, you will be handling day-to-day operations, creating internal and external presentations and meetings, coordinating communications, as well as preparing budgets, monthly reports, metrics and analytics and organizing projects and events.
You will have senior-level interactions of a complex, sensitive and highly confidential nature inside and outside the company and serve as the point of contact representing the Gaming / Player Relations / Youth Basketball team.
We are looking for someone prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment but driven to take the initiative to succeed when presented with individual work responsibilities.
This is a Seasonal / Temporary position.
We’re looking for an Executive Assistant supporting the SVP Gaming, Player Relations and Youth Basketball to:
- Plan, coordinate and ensure the SVP’s schedule is most efficient. Proactively anticipate needs and get it done.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks, including: managing calendars and email accounts, answering phone-calls and responding, composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential, arranging travel plans and itineraries, and compiling documents for meetings.
- Prepare all business meetings and join them from time to time. Ensure detailed pre-meeting and post-meeting preparation and follow-ups happens timely and in detail. Take copious meeting notes and accurately follow-up.
- Research, prioritize, and follow-up on incoming emails, correspondence, issues and concerns addressed to the business unit, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the Gaming, Player Relations and Youth Basketball and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management and staff.
- Create management meeting agendas and compile supporting decks/documents.
- Take calls with conference organizers on format and topics; complete online conference registrations as needed.
- Provide support during evenings and weekends as needed.
- Associate Degree or HS diploma with equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years’ work experience supporting C-Suite executives.
- Highly proficient with creating executive level presentations.
- Fluency with MAC OS, G-Suite, Google apps.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to be extremely effective independently.
- Able to process, prioritize, and execute many assigned tasks on stringent timelines.
- Ability to anticipate and resolve problems independently.
- Experience supporting SVP's, VP's, CEO while out of the office on domestic or international travel.
- Professional demeanor and dress appropriate for representing the Dallas Mavericks to external meetings and events.
- Ability to use a high degree of confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Outgoing personality with a great sense of humor.
- Deep understanding of the business, in order to be able to prioritize.
- Resourceful, quick-witted with a Flexible and "go-with-the-flow" attitude.
The Dallas Mavericks provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.