The Dallas Mavericks Part-Time Retail Sales Associate will be responsible for maintaining, restocking, sales, and customer service for the Dallas Mavs Shop Merchandise and Promotional Events Bus. They need to have a vast knowledge of retail merchandising, inventory management, inventory replenishment, retail management, and customer service. They will replenish and revise assortments for the bus to operate at Dallas Mavericks events over 200+ days a year. The External Retail Sales Associate will report directly to the Retail Store Manager for the bus. They will work closely the External Retail Store Manager, the buying team, fulfillment center, e-commerce team, and arena employees. They will act and perform in accordance with the Dallas Mavericks mission, vision, branding, and philosophy.
- Plan, set-up, open, work and close up to 200+ events a year, including all 41 Dallas Mavericks home games + pre-season games, parades, hoop camps, community events, local school events, festivals, State Fair, etc.
- Provide prompt and courteous customer service while assisting customers with questions, needs, and purchases.
- Demonstrate knowledge of store products and services to build sales and minimize returns.
- Perform opening and closing cash wrap procedures; in addition, a high level of accuracy with mobile POS duties in an efficient and timely manner while maintaining excellent customer service.
- Ensure that all cash handling procedures are done in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Participate in the processing of shipments, replenishment of the sales floor, and additional operational tasks based on the needs of the business.
- Maintain the sales floor by restocking shelves, receiving product, updating pricing information and completing inventory management tasks as directed by the bus manager.
- Assist with set up and take down of bus before and after each event.
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels, work with fulfillment center on warehouse access for pickups and drop-offs, assist with unloading trucks, and be able to process freight.
- Work closely with buying and marketing team in planning and stocking merchandise.
- Consistently work towards achieving and maintaining the highest level of store appearance and merchandise standards.
- Assist with product and fixture moves, merchandising, display maintenance, and housekeeping.
- Participate in taking store inventory counts according to guidelines.
- Communicate customer feedback and replenishment needs to store management, staff and product managers concerning policies and/or merchandising requests, problems, and suggestions.
- Ability to track sales and on-site metrics to ensure all event goals are achieved.
- Support store manager by helping train and coach incoming part-time team members and ensure they are always upholding brand and company standards.
- Provide an exciting, fun, and positive environment for our customers and fans.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by manager from time-to-time.
- Prioritize and work on several projects at a time.
- Attend external Dallas Mavericks off-site events for marketing support or pop-up retail locations.
- Consistently treat all team members, customers, vendors, clients, on-site contacts and peers with respect; in addition, contribute to a positive work environment and maintain honest relationships with each aforementioned.
- Represent the Dallas Mavericks Brand, mission, values, including upholding all company policies at all times.
PERIODIC OR SECONDARY POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Support all arena retail functions, including but not limited to, working with arena merchandising staff, all merchandise warehouse processes, store set ups and re-merchandising of all locations.
The above listing of essential and periodic functions is not an inclusive listing of all duties that may be required to be performed. These
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and communicate at all levels, both inside and outside the organization, accept/makes changes due to constructive feedback and must be a team player.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to manage, maintain, uphold the integrity of the bus.
- Ability to take initiative and think creatively of ways to grow our brand's presence in the marketplace, but not compete with other financially astute extensions of the business.
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter; quick learner for a multifaceted business and able to take initiative.
- Must possess strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with multi-tasking abilities in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be solution-oriented in order to respond to the everchanging needs of the business.
- Arrive early and work late if necessary – event set up will happen often early morning and take down after midnight.
- Understand and follow posted work rules, procedures and company code of ethics
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 3-5 years of retail merchandising, marketing, retail customer service or related experience preferred.
- Experience in customer service, retail operations, product selection and merchandising.
- Proven ability to work effectively cross-functionally with event stakeholders, team-driven marketing, internal departments, external approved vendors and suppliers to drive marketing initiatives forward.
- A hands-on self-starter, with a can-do positive attitude, willing to roll up their sleeves to do whatever it takes to get the job done, and a strong work ethic will also be essential.
- This role requires a good blend of operational, merchandising, solution-oriented and problem-solving skills.
This is primarily a standing operational job. They must have the ability to lift heavy equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 40 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.