The Dallas Mavericks are currently seeking a Mobile Merchandise Manager.
The Dallas Mavericks Mobile Merchandise Manager will be responsible for the Dallas Mavs Shop Merchandise and Promotional Events Bus. The Mobile Manager will be responsible for maintaining, driving, and operating the bus. They need to have a vast knowledge of retail merchandising and operations, inventory management, inventory replenishment, retail management, and understand marketing strategy execution. They will replenish and revise assortments for the bus to operate at Mavs events over 200+ days a year. The Mobile Merchandise Manager will report directly to the Director of Merchandising and will work closely with the buying team, fulfillment center, e-commerce team and arena employees. They will act and perform in accordance with the Dallas Mavericks mission, vision, branding and philosophy.
We are looking for someone prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment but driven to take the initiative to succeed when presented with individual work responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage and maintain all aspects of the bus including logistics, operations, maintenance, upkeep, permits, licenses and vehicle registrations.
- Must obtain and maintain current CDL class A or B license.
- Oversee routine and ad hoc maintenance relationships in compliance with local and state regulations.
- Drive, plan, set-up, work and close 200+ events a year, including all 41 Dallas Mavericks home games + pre-season games, parades, hoop camps, community events, local school events, festivals, State Fair, etc.
- Bus event schedule will include mandatory weekends, nights, holidays, etc. depending on internal needs and calendar of events.
- Coordinate and schedule travel for mobile team as needed.
- Communicate with venue contacts and vendors to ensure power and production needs are met, including troubleshooting to ensure appropriate adjustments are executed.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the bus, including event days and non-event days.
- Maintain drivers’ logbooks to ensure compliance with DOT regulations.
- Implement and support logistics and execution of all retail functions and experiential marketing campaigns.
- Work closely with buying and marketing team in planning the merchandise bus events calendar.
- Work with buying team to develop a strategic merchandise assortment plan depending on the type of event.
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels and work with storage center on warehouse access for pick ups and drop offs.
- Ability to operate, understand and use Shopify retail platform as point-of-sale.
- Ensure proper documentation is signed by all persons entering second level of the bus.
- Manage all logistics, execution and experiential marketing campaign
- Maintain positive, honest relationships with employees, vendors, on-site contacts, clients and event managers at all times.
- Manage bus inventory and assets ensuring proper storage and maintenance of all bus elements and accessories.
- Represent the Dallas Mavericks Brand, mission, values, including upholding all company policies at all times.
- Hire, train, coach, manage, and schedule all part-time team members and ensure they are always upholding brand and company standards.
- Develop and implement Operational Standards Manual and Bus Best Practices Manual to maintain integrity of the bus.
- Ability to track sales and on-site metrics to ensure all event goals are achieved.
- Prioritize and work on several projects at a time.
- Attend external Dallas Mavericks off-site events for marketing support or pop-up retail locations.
PERIODIC OR SECONDARY POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Support all arena retail functions, including but not limited to, working with arena merchandising staff, all merchandise warehouse processes, store set ups and re-merchandising of all locations.
The above listing of essential and periodic functions is not an inclusive listing of all duties that may be required to be performed. These duties and responsibilities may change at any time.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and communicate at all levels, both inside and outside the organization, accept / makes changes due to constructive feedback and must be a team player.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to manage, maintain, uphold the integrity of the bus.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of obtaining and securing permits for events.
- Strong electrical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to take initiative and think creatively of ways to grow our brand's presence in the marketplace, but not compete with other financially astute extensions of business.
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter; quick learner for a multifaceted business and able to take initiative.
- Must possess strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with multi-tasking abilities in a fast-paced environment, with ability to handle deadlines.
- Arrive early and work late if necessary – event set up will happen often early morning and take down after midnight.
- Understand and follow posted work rules, procedures and company code of ethics.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Valid class A or B Commercial required.
- Bachelor’s degree or related work experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience driving, operating, managing and maintaining bus, commercial vehicle or 18-wheeler.
- 2-5 years of retail merchandising, marketing, retail customer service or related experience preferred
- Experience in product selection, merchandising, and business analysis
- Proven track record of safety and compliance while driving vehicles represented above.
- Proven ability to work effectively cross functionally with event stakeholders, team driven marketing, internal departments, external approved vendors and suppliers to drive marketing initiatives forward
- A hands-on self-starter, with a can-do positive attitude, willing to roll up their sleeves to do whatever it takes to get the job done, and a strong work ethic will also be essential.
- This role requires a good blend of operational, merchandising, solution-oriented and problem-solving skills.
This is primarily a standing operational job. The Mobile Merchandise Manager must have the ability to operate Class A/B motor vehicle, lift heavy equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 40 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.