We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Dallas Mavericks are seeking motivated, outgoing, and dedicated candidates to become an integral part of our ticket sales and service team. You will be a vital part of assisting the Mavericks ticket sales & service team in a variety of tasks – including sales support, event planning & implementation, and performing customer service initiatives.
You will be required to work up to, but not exceeding 29 hours per week – including some game nights. This is a paid internship expected to last through the end of the 2018-19 season.
This role will provide valuable hands-on experience in sales and customer service for a championship professional sports organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist sales & service staff in planning outside events for ticket holders and prospects
• Support coordinating and implementing unique game day experiences for current and prospective clients
• Help generate and organize new leads as requested by sales management
• Assist sales & service department with day-to-day tasks and requests
• Perform additional office duties and special projects as assigned
Required Skills, Experience, and Abilities
The qualifications listed below are necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this role, you should able to perform each duty satisfactorily or above expectation.
- Sophmore, Junior or Senior in college
• Proficient in basic computer software programs (Microsoft office, Outlook)
• Positive attitude and willingness to assist others
• Highly motivated with a strong work ethic
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in a diverse, fast-paced environment
• Enthusiastic and energetic personality
• Professional demeanor and ability to engage with diverse co-workers and clients
• Flexible work schedule – including some game nights and weekends
• Possess strong time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks