We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
LENGTH OF INTERNSHIP: September through April+ 2020; duration is also based on performance and/or business needs.
Experience / Education/ Skills:
- Must be a current college Sophmore, Junior, or Senior majoring in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint a must.
- Experience working with promotions/community engagement/events in a marketing department is preferred.
- Working knowledge of the Dallas Mavericks and NBA.
- Must have strong writing and editing ability as well as excellent verbal communication.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized and able to prioritize within in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to communicate and engage with fans with a customer first attitude.
- Must be highly motivated, goal oriented, and a self-starter.
- Handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- To be considered for this internship, the candidate must be available to work approximately 25 hours per week (3-4 day/wk.), which may include nights and weekends as needed.
- Assist with a wide variety of community relations projects that drive brand awareness and community impact.
- Perform daily office duties as assigned by the CR Manager, Coordinator and Vice President including copy writing, client correspondence, assistance with Excel reports and compiling data.
- Assist with Community Relations/Mavs Foundation initiatives including community programs, nonprofit partnerships, fundraisers, event planning and employee service projects.
- Assist with special programs and projects including Jr. NBA basketball clinics, Community Ticket Block donations, Mavs Reading Challenge, Science of Basketball programming and executing donation requests.
- Management and organization of signed-item inventory, Community Relations warehouse and giveaways.