We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Overview: E-commerce/Retail Marketing:
The Dallas Mavericks are seeking motivated, outgoing, and dedicated candidates to become an integral part of our merchandising team. You will be a vital part of assisting the Dallas Mavericks retail, e-commerce, and promotional merchandise buying teams in a variety of tasks – including but not limited to: system item creation, web analytics, web layout & design, analyzing best-selling items and recommending reorders, merchandising items at arena, attend periodic vendor meetings, perform customer service initiatives and assist with any other retail buying, promotional buying, and e-commerce projects as needed.
You will be required to work up to, but not exceeding 29 hours per week – including some game nights. This is a paid internship expected to last a mutually agreed upon length of time during the 2019-20 season. This role will provide valuable hands-on experience in digital merchandising, retail marketing and e-commerce for a championship professional sports organization.
- High School degree required
- Currently Sophomore, Junior or Senior in their respective program
- Majoring in E-commerce, Retail Digital Marketing or related degree.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist merchandise/ecommerce department with day-to-day tasks and requests
- Perform additional office duties and special projects as assigned
Required Skills, Experience, and Abilities:
The qualifications listed below are necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this role, you should able to perform each duty satisfactorily or above expectation.
- Graphic design basics preferred. Merchandising skills preferred.
- Passion for sports, merchandising, retail and marketing
- Familiarization with one or more Ecommerce platforms (Magento, Opencart, Shopify)
- Experience in Social Media Marketing
- Ability to multi-task, handle challenging tasks, and work well in a team environment
- Proficient in basic computer software programs (Microsoft office, Outlook)
- Positive attitude and willingness to assist others
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a diverse, fast-paced environment
- Enthusiastic and energetic personality
- Professional demeanor and ability to engage with diverse co-workers and clients
- Flexible work schedule – including some game nights and weekends
- Possess strong time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Must be able to lift 25lbs.
- Ability to drive to fulfillment center in Carrollton and American Airlines Center if needed