The Seasonal Temporary Graphic Designer will join the Mavericks Creative Studio in communicating and developing the voice of the Dallas Mavericks brand through the production of a wide array of digital and print materials. The designer is responsible for implementing effective design solutions for all advertising, branding, and game collateral materials. The designer will collaborate with the Marketing team in owning the Mavericks brand, maintaining a cohesive visual marketing identity across all design platforms.
- Design a variety of projects for print, digital, out-of-home and apparel
- Support the Creative Studio with fundamental graphic content
- Manage and create corporate sponsor and ticket sales materials
- Create various signage, logo design, fan collateral items
- Communicate with project owners to understand objectives
- Attend weekly staff meeting
- Develop, update and manage existing digital files and marketing materials
- Craft and present multiple rough design strategies to creative team leadership
- Ensure creative execution of the highest quality, delivering projects that meet or exceed expectations and standards
- Examine all materials for brand consistency
- Dialogue with printers to execute production of print materials
- Bachelors degree preferred. B.A. or B.F.A. in Visual Communications, Communication Design, Graphic Design or other related fields
- 2-3+ years of design experience
- A strong command and efficient use of Adobe CC InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Proven knowledge and experience in logo design, copy and photo/advertisement layout, cutouts and photo selection
- File management and organizational skills a must
- Ability to proofread copy
- Sophisticated typographic understanding regarding impact, legibility, selection, hierarchy, and layout
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to communicate ideas from concept to execution
- Ability to handle criticism and feedback with professionalism
- Experience translating creative strategy into direction, design, and presentation
- Must work creatively and proactively in a team environment
- Ability to develop creative effective solutions to marketing opportunities
- Self-motivated with excellent focus on the task at hand
- Experience managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously with competing priorities
- Time management and ability to work in an extremely fast-paced environment a must
- A portfolio to represent a range of design styles and diversity of projects.
Interested candidates should provide a portfolio link and resume.
The Dallas Mavericks provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.