The Dallas Mavericks External Retail Store Manager will be responsible for the Dallas Mavs Shop Merchandise and Promotional Events Bus. The Retail Manager will be responsible for managing, restocking, maintaining and staffing the retail bus. They need to have a vast knowledge of retail merchandising and operations, inventory management, inventory replenishment, retail management, and understand marketing strategy execution. They will replenish and revise assortments for the bus to operate at Mavs events over 200+ days a year. The External Retail Store Manager will report directly to the Director of Merchandising and will work closely with the buying team, fulfillment center, e-commerce team, and arena employees. They will act and perform in accordance with the Dallas Mavericks mission, vision, branding, and philosophy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage and maintain all aspects of the bus including logistics, operations, maintenance, upkeep, permits, licenses, and vehicle registrations.
- Oversee routine and ad hoc maintenance relationships in compliance with local and state regulations.
- Plan, set-up, work, and close 200+ events a year, including all 41 Dallas Mavericks home games + pre-season games, parades, hoop camps, community events, local school events, festivals, State Fair, etc.
- Bus event schedule will include mandatory weekends, nights, holidays, etc. depending on internal needs and calendar of events.
- Hire, train, coach, manage, and schedule all part-time team members and ensure they are always upholding brand and company standards.
- Coordinate and schedule travel for the mobile team as needed.
- Develop and implement Operational Standards Manual and Bus Best Practices Manual to maintain the integrity of the bus.
- Communicate with venue contacts and vendors to ensure power and production needs are met, including troubleshooting to ensure appropriate adjustments are executed.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the bus, including event days and non-event days.
- Implement and support logistics and execution of all retail functions and experiential marketing campaigns.
- Work closely with buying and marketing team in planning the merchandise bus events calendar.
- Work with buying the team to develop a strategic merchandise assortment plan depending on the type of event.
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels and work with storage center on warehouse access for pickups and drop-offs.
- Ability to operate, understand and use Shopify retail platform as point-of-sale.
- Manage all logistics, execution and experiential marketing campaigns.
- Maintain positive, honest relationships with employees, vendors, on-site contacts, clients and event managers at all times.
- Manage bus inventory and assets ensuring proper storage and maintenance of all bus elements & accessories including sound equipment, speakers, fixtures, canopies, awnings, etc.
- Represent the Dallas Mavericks Brand, mission, values, including upholding all company policies at all times.
- Ability to track sales and on-site metrics to ensure all event goals are achieved.
- Prioritize and work on several projects at a time.
- Attend external Dallas Mavericks off-site events for marketing support or pop-up retail locations.
PERIODIC OR SECONDARY POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Support all arena retail functions, including but not limited to, working with arena merchandising staff, all merchandise warehouse processes, store set ups and re-merchandising of all locations.
The above listing of essential and periodic functions is not an inclusive listing of all duties that may be required to be performed. These duties and responsibilities may change at any time.
- Demonstrate the ability to build relationships and communicate at all levels, both inside and outside the organization, accept/makes changes due to constructive feedback and must be a team player.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to manage, maintain, uphold the integrity of the bus.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of obtaining and securing permits for events.
- Strong electrical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to take initiative and think creatively of ways to grow our brand's presence in the marketplace, but not compete with other financially astute extensions of the business.
- Must possess strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with multi-tasking abilities in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to handle deadlines.
- Must be solution-oriented in order to respond to the everchanging needs of the business.
- Arrive early and work late if necessary – event set up will happen often early morning and take down after midnight.
- Understand and follow posted work rules, procedures and company code of ethics
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or related work experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in retail management, merchandise operations, inventory management, and people management.
- Experience in product selection, merchandising, and business analysis.
- Proven ability to work effectively cross-functionally with event stakeholders, team-driven marketing, internal departments, external approved vendors and suppliers to drive marketing initiatives forward.
- A hands-on self-starter, with a can-do positive attitude, willing to roll up their sleeves to do whatever it takes to get the job done, and a strong work ethic will also be essential.
- This role requires a good blend of operational, merchandising, solution-oriented and problem-solving skills.
This is primarily a standing operational job. The External Retail Store Manager must have the ability to operate and lift heavy equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 40 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.