Event Venue and Sales Manager:
The Dallas Mavericks are seeking a highly motivated individual with a passion for events and a background in sales and facility operations.
The primary duty of the event venue and sales manager is to oversee all operations of the Dallas Mavericks Gaming Hub. This includes the management and oversight of all procedures and the troubleshooting of any problems with facility rentals during events. Ones duties involves ensuring the venue is clean and all equipment is working. One will work directly face-to-face with clients to book events for the Gaming Hub, as well as behind the scenes on a daily basis to keep the venue running smoothly.
A successful applicant will demonstrate strong programming and coding skills along with initiative, resourcefulness, and an ability to work creatively and proactively while collaborating in a team environment. We are looking for someone prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment but driven to take the initiative to succeed when presented with individual work responsibilities.
Event Venue Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Mavs Gaming events team with the planning and execution of events, and managing the Mavs Gaming Hub
- Assist in managing the calendar and bookings for Mavs Gaming related events
- Manage and negotiate contracts for the organization pertaining to the event space, vendor rentals, and facility management and serve as a liaison between Mavs Gaming and Dallas Mavericks and incoming clients
- Exceptional communication skills to liaise with clients, identify their needs, and ensure customer satisfaction
- People skills needed to staff events and coordinate their activities
- Maintain and operate the Mavs Gaming Hub’s website and relevant social media pages to sell the venue and keep and promote public events
- Assist in the planning and execution of event logistics
- Proactive approach to handling issues and troubleshooting any emerging problems on the event day
- General administrative duties
The Dallas Mavericks provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.