The Dallas Mavericks are currently seeking an Entertainment Producer.
A successful applicant will demonstrate strong creative skills along with initiative,
resourcefulness, and an ability to work creatively and proactively while collaborating in a team
environment. We are looking for someone prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment but driven to take the initiative to succeed when presented with individual work responsibilities.
The Entertainment Producer will oversee all entertainment groups, produce and direct all performance timeouts & halftimes and assist department leadership as needed. An ideal candidate will work to produce an exciting combination of inspiring high-volume in-game moments by working across multiple mediums, aligning with outside agencies, and fostering in-house ideation. Our selected person will deliver powerful creative that leverages her/his multiple years of fully producing quality live entertainment. The right person will be expert at maximizing the talents of a diverse group of professionals to deliver the highest quality entertainment that reflects the Dallas Mavericks brand.
While remaining calm under the pressure of production deadlines, this person will also be consistently driven to ensure that everyone who experiences a Dallas Mavericks Game is not only entertained but inspired and all production will be focused on communicating powerfully with our partners and fans. He/she will partner collaboratively with brand leadership to bring brand stories to life.
- Support VP of Entertainment in ensuring a team culture of collaboration.
- Ensure a strong creative process and provide design oversight to help the team execute at the highest level possible within the volume realities.
- Inspire the team to be creative within the defined space of the brand’s positioning and unique culture.
- Ensure creative quality and output, leveraging internal and external resources.
- Able to provide strong people leadership, especially remaining calm and productive under pressure.
- Creates fun
- Embraces the value of the creative process
- Collaborative with ability to bring ideas to resolution and action, supporting timelines
- Knows good creative and how to inspire it
- Scrappy (able to do more with less)
- Passionate about the Dallas Mavericks
Responsibilities / Requirements
- Oversee all Entertainment Groups (Drumline/Maniaacs/Entertainment Squad)
- Produce and Direct all Performance timeouts & halftimes
- Video production (camera angles for performances)
- Assist VP with producing in-game moments
- Players take the court
- Intro moments
- 2nd half lead-in
- 4th quarter lead-in
- Win celebrations
- Halftime Ceremonies
- Halftime Performances
- Media Days
- Help bring theme nights to life
- Be part of the creative ideation for all in game content
- Influence concourse/plaza entertainment
- Stay on top of industry best practices and internet trends
Please submit the following to understand your Creative Direction and vision for production:
1. Video samples of fully produced entertainment (to see how lighting, music, props, etc.)
2. Videos of Choreography
The Dallas Mavericks provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.