The Dallas Mavericks Merchandise E-Commerce Manager will be responsible for growing the Dallasmavs.shop e-commerce business: maintain inventory levels, increase ROI, work closely with our data analytics team, and essentially manage all merchandise e-commerce day-to-day functions. E-commerce manager will report directly to the VP of Merchandise & Brand Identity and will work closely with the merchandise buyer. They will provide website presentation, graphics, and merchandise marketing schedule in accordance with the Dallas Mavericks mission, vision, branding, and philosophy. They will maintain inventory levels and essentially manage all merchandise e-commerce day-to-day functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for overseeing the daily management of dallasmavs.shop with focus on driving traffic to the site through multi-channel marketing to increase E-Commerce sales, potentialize traffic, and convert KPIs to maximize ROI of all e-commerce activities.
- Work with the merchandising and digital marketing teams on promotional planning, digital marketing planning, creative and the execution of high-level internet marketing strategies consistent with the brand image.
- Subject matter expert for all E-Commerce activities such as V2C, Shopify, and Yellow Dog all other internal and external E-Commerce platforms.
- Work with the digital marketing team to develop multi-channel marketing strategies (e-mail, social, direct mail) for customer lifecycle, onboarding, growth/retention programs.
- Contribute to the strategic development and implementation of A/B testing, personalization, and analysis.
- Oversee visual merchandising to improve customer acquisition and experience through the presentation of product while increasing online conversion, sales, profits, and loyalty.
- Use web analytics and ESP reporting to analyze the performance of site content, site traffic patterns, and emails; optimizing for seasonality, relevance, and selection.
- Optimize site navigation and site search by monitoring keyword redirects and product sales results in web analytics.
- Provide recommendations for internet marketing programs to increase traffic and maximize conversion.
- Execute creative vision and design that represents the overall brand presentation decided upon by VP.
- Develop and create outstanding designs for website across multiple platforms including mobile devices, social media campaigns, banners, and emails.
- Work with site producers to develop realistic technical solutions based on the needs of the business while staying up to date on emerging web technologies, industry trends and competitor products in the sports retail industry.
- Prioritize and work on several projects.
- Social media account management including posting, responding to messages, and implementing a comprehensive strategy to grow our social media following and engagement.
- Assist in the planning of the promotional calendar based upon key product/categories, co-op opportunities, marketing themes, and web analytics results.
- Execute the website promotional plan by selecting products for dallasmavs.shop promotional areas and for all email promotions in coordination with merchandising and marketing teams.
- Monitor competitive websites to evaluate site merchandise, customer experience, and product presentation, identify gaps or opportunities, then translate findings into executable online programs.
- Will work all 41 Dallas Mavericks home games + pre-season games unless otherwise specified by VP of Merchandise & Brand Identity.
- Support all arena and e-commerce retail functions, including but not limited to, working with arena merchandising staff, all merchandise warehouse processes, monthly inventory, store setups, training, re-merchandising of all locations, and off-site merchandise events including Mavs Mobile Shop and pop-up shop locations.
PERIODIC OR SECONDARY POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Support web site management, including but not limited to, working with IT to build new site enhancements, launching promotions, product placement with categories, inventory integrity and cross-sell accuracies.
- Assure that the Dallas Mavericks Store website adheres to the internet policies of vendor partners and NBA regulations.
- Photography skills to shoot, clip, edit and upload needed images.
- Complete special products as assigned.
The above listing of essential and periodic functions is not an inclusive listing of all duties that may be required to be performed. These duties and responsibilities may change at any time.
- Proven ability managing all aspects of an e-commerce business.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and communicate at all levels, both inside and outside the organization, accept/makes changes due to constructive feedback and must be a team player.
- Proficiency in social media accounts management – Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Expert level knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and graphic design concepts.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to evaluate content in an unbiased fashion and take appropriate actions to drive for results.
- Understanding and use of web metrics and how to gauge performance.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with a passion for using numerical data to identify and communicate critical, actionable insights to key stakeholders.
- Ability to take initiative and think creatively of ways to grow our brand's digital presence.
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter; quick learner for a multifaceted business and able to take initiative.
- Must possess strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with multi-tasking abilities in a fast-paced corporate environment, with the ability to handle deadlines.
- Must be solution-oriented in order to respond to the everchanging needs of the business.
- Arrive early and work late if necessary - often product launches will happen at midnight.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Business, Marketing, Merchandising or related field.
- Three to five years of successful e-commerce management and experience managing and e-commerce team.
- Established experience in retail direct marketing, expertise in on-line retail industry or related experience preferred.
- Experience in on-line navigation, product selection, merchandising, and business analysis.
- Proven track record of increasing revenue and profit within a retail direct marketing environment.
- Proven ability to work effectively cross-functionally with Marketing, Product Development, Customer Service, IT and Global HQ to drive marketing initiatives forward.
- Creativity in maximizing tight budgets and limited resources will be instrumental to your success.
- A hands-on self-starter, with a can-do positive attitude, willing to roll up their sleeves to do whatever it takes to get the job done, and a strong work ethic will also be essential.
- This role requires a good blend of analytical skills, technical knowledge, and excellent computer skills.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the E-commerce Manager to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.