Job Duties (included but not limited to):
- Help promote the Dallas Mavericks brand through organized media efforts both proactive and reactive.
- Coordinate player and coach interview requests for games and practices.
- Travel with the team, handling interview and appearance requests within that market.
- Facilitate interviews with front office staff including Owner Mark Cuban and President Donnie Nelson.
- Assist in the composition of Mavericks media guides and postseason guides.
- Compose press releases regarding trades, roster moves, injury reports, and special announcements.
- Handle requests for several international players and their respective media outlets.
- Assist in maintaining statistical upkeep for coaches as well as game notes and broadcast graphics.
- Organize all requests for tickets, credentials and postgame passes for ownership, coaches, and players on the road.
- Responsible for supervision of Manager and seasonal assistant.
- Grant credentials to media members.
- Assist in planning press conferences and any media gathering.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations or other related field
- 8+ years of experience working for a professional sports teams or in a sports information office
- Computer Skills (Photoshop, InDesign, Excel, Adobe Acrobat)
- Writing skills (including editing and proofreading)
The Dallas Mavericks provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.