Assistant Athletic Trainer with Dallas Mavericks in Dallas, TX
The Assistant Athletic Trainer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assisting Head ATC and Athletic Training staff with daily care, treatment, and rehabilitation of team members.
- Responsible for ordering, maintenance, and packing of health and medical supplies at multiple facilities
- Maintenance of league electronic medical records database.
- Coordinate referrals with various medical and wellness professionals, to manage the health of players and staff
- Supervise season long intern Athletic Trainers in coverage of NBA officials.
- Current NATA BOC Certification
- Current CPR/AED Certification
- Hold or Eligible to Apply for Texas Athletic Trainer License
- Preference to hold CSCS certification or eligible to sit for exam
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid passport
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in athletic training, physical education, kinesiology or related field or a combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge and abilities AND two (2) years of related experience as a certified professional Athletic Trainer.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices of athletic training including but not limited to: conditioning, injury prevention, injury assessment and rehabilitation.
- Knowledge of the full range of therapeutic modalities and their practical use and physiological basis; other therapeutic preventions and treatments such as taping, bracing, and massage; effective use of rehabilitation and exercise equipment.
- Ability to effectively assess and evaluate injuries and their severity.
- Use the full range of appropriate therapeutic modalities and treatments and rehabilitation and exercise equipment to treat and prevent injuries; determine the appropriate referrals for athletes to other health care professionals; recognize life threatening situations and administer the appropriate emergency aid; use a computer to perform medical, insurance and other recordkeeping functions; and work in an environment with competing priorities.
- Incumbents must possess strong interpersonal and communications skills to develop effective working relationships with athletes and serve as a liaison among athletes, coaching staff, parents, physicians and other health professionals.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have current NATA BOC Certification?
Do you have current CPR/AED Certification?
Do you have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in athletic training, physical education, kinesiology or related field?
Do you have two (2) or more years of related experience as a certified professional Athletic Trainer?
Do you currently or have you ever worked for the Dallas Mavericks?