Cavaliers Holdings LLC is committed to delivering unparalleled sports and entertainment experiences fueled by a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. We strive to find talent that defines being the DIFF through a “Care – Lead – Engage” (CLE) philosophy across all aspects of our business. If this sounds like a culture you can thrive in, and you enjoy working in fast-pace and high energy setting, then we want to talk to YOU!
JOB SUMMARY/GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Vice President of Finance will have primary responsibility for managing all financial related activities of the Company. This will include direct oversight and working knowledge of the accounting, payroll, financial planning and analysis functions. Furthermore, this role will be responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring processes, procedures, and internal controls to protect Company assets. This role requires you to leverage both your technical accounting knowledge and your demonstrated business acumen to achieve tactical and strategic objectives that support your teams and the business.
The successful candidate will be a change agent and a highly process oriented individual who can lead transformation in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This includes excellent leadership capabilities, proven business partnering and outstanding communication skills.
Moreover, candidate will be experienced at working effectively across multiple levels of an organization and building successful cross functional partnerships.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance, Accounting and Payroll Teams.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place to maintain compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Develop policies and procedures to ensure that any deficiencies in internal controls are identified and corrected in a timely fashion.
- Identify and implement processes and systems in order to automate and/or increase efficiencies as needed.
- Enhance and further develop a dynamic, high-performing team, working cross-functionally with all other functions in the company
- Lead the annual planning/budgeting process in collaboration with FP&A team
- Lead the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial package with supporting schedules and commentary.
- Provides timely, accurate, and insightful analysis of results, variances, trends and forecasts.
- Issues regular status and ad hoc reports to senior management.
- Assist in establishing short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Coordinate financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Assist in preparation and review of Audited Financial Statements and Footnotes
- Oversight of League (NBA, AHL and AFL) reporting (financial, ticketing) and annual audits, as necessary
- Oversight of Company’s cash flow and debt management, which includes credit and treasury management
- Contribute to the organizational efforts of Diversity & Inclusion.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with either an MBA or CPA is required.
- Minimum of (5) to (10) years in a Financial/ Accounting leadership role with increasing responsibilities.
- Strong analytical skills with strong business acumen and the ability to transition between the strategic and the detailed (with expert Excel skills).
- Proven ability to lead and motivate teams: achieving organizational focus on key priorities, providing clear direction, delegating, actively communicating and coaching/mentoring.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports and projections.
- Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and line of business profitability analysis.
- Results oriented with ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with Accounting and other departments and senior management.
- Knowledge of Great Plains or similar accounting platform preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.