Primary Overview of Position:
Under the guidance of the department’s team leaders, this person will observe and learn the functions of the Monsters Ticket Sales & Service Team by assisting in various team activities, events and day-to-day operations.
Experience gained in the following areas:
Administrative function as it pertains to maintaining client records:
Assist with all departmental activities including: coordination of Monsters Hockey Club and member mailings, data entry, processing and tracking Monsters Hockey Club membership materials, member gifts, management of incoming and outgoing mail and assist in the execution of special events. This person will support the sales team with managing and developing marketing and sales materials and assisting in the distribution of this material to current and potential customers.
Hands-on Sales experience as it relates to game day responsibilities:
Assist in game day activities, which include: helping with pre-game programs, in-game experiences and events, and post-game programs as it relates to Ticket Sales & Service. In addition, this person will answer sales and service related questions during the game, distribution of game programs, and set-up Membership Headquarters.
Special Event Coordination:
Assist in the coordination/implementation of special events hosted at the arena or off-site, based on current need. Events include (not limited to): Monsters Hockey Club Members, Group Leaders, Suite and Premium Receptions, Meet the Team, Seat Relocation Day, Prospect Events, pre and post-game events, etc.
Hands-on Sales Experience as it relates to preparation for the upcoming season:
Assists with providing a high level of support and customer service to group leaders and members, as well as conducts research on fan development and other sales opportunities.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Computer literacy is required; experience in Prezi and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, etc.) is preferred. Experience in related activities at the college level is preferred.
- Must be organized and enjoy detail. Must be flexible, able to accept direction and constructive criticism, as necessary, and to absorb and work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Must take responsibility seriously and be independently motivated.
- Maturity and the ability to distinguish between ordinary and out-of-ordinary events and/or circumstances are essential.
- Must be available to work irregular hours including: Monsters home games, nights and weekends.
- Interest or college coursework in Sports Management and/or Marketing preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.