Cavaliers Holdings LLC is committed to delivering unparalleled sports and entertainment experiences fueled by a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. We strive to find talent that defines being the DIFF through a “Care – Lead – Engage” (CLE) philosophy across all aspects of our business. If this sounds like a culture you can thrive in, and you enjoy working in fast-pace and high energy setting, then we want to talk to YOU!
Job Title: Sr. Director, Global Corporate Partnership Development - Cleveland Cavaliers (Cleveland, OH)
Under the leadership of the Vice President of Global Corporate Partnerships, the Cleveland Cavaliers are seeking a Sr. Director of Business Development to drive revenue through innovation and strategic execution. The organization is looking for a proven leader looking to take the next step in his or her career in the sports industry to manage budgets, pipelines and develop staff. The successful candidate will have experience selling corporate partnerships and a proven track record of achieving goals, setting strategic sales campaigns, and developing mutually beneficial partnerships. Additionally, this person must have excellent communication and presentation skills, experience negotiating six- and seven-figure per annum deals, and a proven track record of cultivating and maintaining strong relationships both internally and externally in the market with clients and as a civic leader.
- Leads sales team by providing guidance, training and strategy, setting sales goals, and creating organizational strategies.
- Key member of organizational corporate partnerships leadership team that establishes and cements sales strategy, enriches culture and exceeds expectations.
- Responsible for all new business development results across the Cleveland Cavaliers, Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse, Cleveland Monsters (AHL), Canton Charge (NBA G-League) and Cavs Legion GC (NBA 2k).
- Recruit, hire, develop, and motivate a team of new business development sellers to successful achieve sales goals while working cross-functionally with other internal teams.
- Prospects new business clients by investigating prospective companies.
- Delivers effective presentations which satisfy prospects’ needs through various combinations of Cavaliers marketing including digital content, digital and linear media, bold activation spaces, custom retail initiatives, branding, promotions, community service and premium giveaways.
- Works closely within NBA team counterparts to understand best practices, our position compared to league deals, category opportunities, and emerging categories.
- Reacts to and overcomes problems or objections; executes contract and coordinates billing process.
- Implements all aspects of the partnership while working with the Activation Team; assists and directs the implementation of promotions, develops POP displays, arranges prizes, coordinates media and writes announcements.
- Follows-up on all deadlines, making sure all materials are on time.
- Ensures that all NBA and team regulations are properly adhered to.
- Attends local networking events.
- Manages prospect pipeline database for Development team to ensure strategic prospects are cultivated for sales both in the short-term and long-term.
- Submits timely reports to management, including weekly sales revenue reports.
- Entertains and nurtures relationships with current and prospective clients.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in communications or marketing.
- Must have a minimum of five years Corporate Sales experience in the major league sports industry.
- Must have a minimum of five years of sales team leadership experience.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Must have solid understanding of digital sales and cultivation of revenue through content.
- Must be available to work Arena events, including all Cavaliers home games.
- Proficient in corporate social media both domestic and internationally.
- Proficient in global sales strategy, cultivation and negotiation.
- Minimum requirement of three (3) years relevant experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other related computer skills required.
- Experience with Photoshop and Prezi is preferred.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidential information.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects and support multiple high level executive positions.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
- Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Availability and willingness to work extended hours, including nights and weekends.
- Must be a team player.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.