Cavaliers Holdings LLC is committed to delivering unparalleled sports and entertainment experiences fueled by a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. We strive to find talent that defines being the DIFF through a “Care – Lead – Engage” (CLE) philosophy across all aspects of our business. If this sounds like a culture you can thrive in, and you enjoy working in fast-pace and high energy setting, then we want to talk to YOU!
Safety and Security Risk Manager develops and administers risk management programs. This manager will create and modify policies to comply with safety legislation and industry practices. The Safety and Security Risk Manager coordinates and develops organization-wide programs for risk-free services. Additionally, the Safety and Security Risk Manager investigates any incidences that may result in an any type of incident or loss that may occur at the facilities.
Safety and Security Risk Manager implements overall security strategy, policies, and standards to ensure the physical safety of all visitors, team members, or customers to the FieldHouse or other properties. This manager conducts regular audits and inspections to assess, identify, and mitigate any security vulnerabilities or gaps. This manager implements staff trainings and established operations plans for crisis response, disaster recovery, evacuation, workplace violence, and other emergency events. Additionally, this manager will manage and maintain systems, alarms, and other physical security measures. This manager will collaborate and help fulfill NBA standards and safety regulations that are set forth by the league for NBA games. Lastly, the Safe and Security Risk Manager would be responsible for collaborating with municipalities, other venues, and consultants to fulfill industry standards and safety regulations for all events that occur within the FieldHouse.
- Report and make recommendations to Operations Management regarding project and management strategies as it relates to business facilities and security processes.
- Ensure implementation of effective facility and security management policies across the business.
- Executive protection and logistics along with traffic coordination with the city and outside municipalities.
- Review and manage all security operations management systems including preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Collaborate with People and Culture to develop any on-going programs that ensure employee awareness and compliance to Company Health & Safety, Environment and Security policies.
- Oversee and continually ensure compliance and safety related to company vehicles and assets.
- In conjunction with the Security Admin Team, have leadership responsibilities with Full-Time and Part-Time team members.
- Prepare, implement, and maintain a disaster recovery plan for all properties.
- Training & Service training, (e.g. active shooter trainings, table top sessions with leadership within the organization)
- Creating annual training topics and events (e.g. CPR Training, AED Training) training calendar.
- Promulgating policies and standard operating procedures regarding risk management for all events at the FieldHouse.
- Completing impact assessments for new and enhanced requirements.
- Providing presentations and updates to leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience in security, risk management, or related field.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience, preferably in venue security.
- Proven ability to work toward stringent deadlines.
- Ability to communicate business decisions and changes to working practices clearly.
- Ability to always demonstrate a professional and objective perspective.
- Capable of working under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to shift patterns and hours of work, ability to work flexible hours.
- Finely tuned political awareness and excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
Have good oral and written communication skills. Be very flexible regarding work hours, often working multiple shifts, weekends, and third shift. Have some word processing, spreadsheet and computer skills. Experience in WordPerfect and Excel preferred. Be able to work effectively with all levels of staff, management, owners, and players. Ability to quickly adapt to rapid changes of events and activities in short notice. Organize and prioritize work to allow handling more than one project at a time.
We are committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. To safeguard our employees and their families, our visitors, and the broader community from COVID-19, and in consideration of recommendations from health authorities and advisors, any individual working onsite in our offices must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We will discuss accommodations for individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.