| QTV is the award-winning, in-house video production team providing the most dynamic and ground-breaking creative content to drive game presentation, marketing campaigns, web/digital video content, and team-driven initiatives for the Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Monsters, Cavs Legion Gaming Club, Canton Charge, Cleveland Gladiators, and other key properties and projects associated with Quicken Loans Arena. The QTV game presentation video/graphics editor will work on one of the best in-arena shows in all of sports. Involved in all aspects of QTV production services with a primary focus of editing videos and graphics, while also shooting, managing equipment, asset management and organization and ability to bring forth and execute creative ideas in short timelines. Successful and results-driven client partnerships (internal and external) are critical. Content that drives incredible, jaw-dropping fan engagement is Job #1. A wildly creative vision (with a high skill set toward execution) is a must. Flexibility… an “All for one. One for all.” approach… a contagiously positive attitude… and an over-the-top drive toward urgency and building the team to be the best is required. Applicants must provide examples of video work and cover letter with their resume to be considered.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Conceptualizes, scripts, shoots and edits videos for any and all QTV tasks.
- Creates graphics and animation content for the video boards, digital signage, LED ribbons and broadcast graphics.
- Directs, shoots, produces or assists on-location shoots with players, fans and actors.
- Skilled video editor able to produce television commercials, comedic spoofs, high-energy “pump” videos, brand initiatives, promotional spots, and other concepts and edited pieces.
- Delivers and assists in commercial spot editing and trafficking.
- Coordinates tasks and responsibilities with other producers to ensure timely project completion.
- Actively seeks solutions and works to streamline any and all processes across QTV.
- Contributes new perspectives and ideas on how to improve QTV. This includes organization, video production, storage, efficient management of time and any other areas that can be improved.
- Participates and brings new ideas and techniques independently as well as during designated brainstorm sessions.
- Works with QTV Director, Senior Producers, Teammates and QTV Project Manager to ensure that content is completed on time, exceeds QTV quality and meets specific team branding standards.
- Responsible for metadata, archiving and organization of footage. Strives to find “best-practices” and works with QTV colleagues to ensure best management of digital assets.
- Seeks training and feedback, encourages others to do the same.
- Supports QTV colleagues and senior producers by assuming any task to help them complete any and all projects.
- Understands, studies and provides feedback on video elements that are integrated in front of a live audience.
- Understands the NBA, AHL and AFL as well as providing creative ideas on how to integrate pop culture into Quicken Loans Arena events.
- Attends events with the intent to find new ways to entertain the fans of Cleveland and provide feedback.
- Consistently thinks about how to cross-promote all Quicken Loans Arena organizations across all events and platforms.
- Is willing and able to step in and perform tasks as needed, including assuming any role on the QTV game night staff.
- Understands the level of quality that is required at Quicken Loans Arena and is not afraid to stand up to keep that standard high.
- Provides creative production support for major organizational events, including, but not limited to Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Monsters, Cleveland Gladiators, Quicken Loans Arena, Canton Charge, and other key organizational projects and initiatives.
- Prioritizes superior client services skills and the ability to function well within a team environment.
- Prioritizes a supportive role in the development of the QTV team.
- Focuses on supporting the growth of quality, depth and capabilities of our production team, enhancing our creative capabilities and driving innovation.
- Active and proficient in the use of social media.
- Fills role of game night producer/game night assistant on designated event nights.
- Provides and conducts training to QTV team members in areas of expertise as needed.
- Develops strong vendor relationships that support game day initiatives, including third-party production partnerships and new technology partnerships, among others.
- Promotes the overall high expectation of quality for all QTV productions.
- Assumes additional responsibilities to ensure successful management of QTV resources.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Project Manager & Director of Video.
- Advanced college coursework, degree, or comparable experience in video production preferred.
- Good knowledge of editing applications. Knowledge to include After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator, Premiere Pro or comparable non-linear editing software.
- 2-4 years of experience in non-linear video concepting/editing/production environment.
- 2-4 years of experience creating motion graphics for broadcast and/or web projects.
- Knowledge of video production software and the willingness to research new software.
- General knowledge of various cameras and audio equipment.
- Vast knowledge of video compression and file formats.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proficient in social media and current popular trends.
- Must have an open and creative mind with an eye for design and storytelling.
- Production etiquette and excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Possess good writing and copy-editing skills.
- Effectively able to work under deadline pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to work long hours as needed and work a flexible schedule, including weekends and late nights, as needed, to support the needs of a major professional sports organization.
- Knowledge of the hockey, the AHL, the AFL, NBA and sports in general is required.
Must have an attitude of respect and the determination to be the best and encourage others to be the best in professional sports.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.