Cavaliers Holdings LLC is committed to delivering unparalleled sports and entertainment experiences fueled by a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. We strive to find talent that defines being the DIFF through a “Care – Lead – Engage” (CLE) philosophy across all aspects of our business. If this sounds like a culture you can thrive in, and you enjoy working in fast-pace and high energy setting, then we want to talk to YOU!
Under the direction of the Senior Manager, Special Events, the project specialist will develop, plan, and execute major special events for both internal and external groups, with an emphasis on all client events and hospitality trips for Corporate Partners, Wine and Gold United Members, Foundation Members and Sales Prospects. The focus of these events are on new business development, client engagement, and client entertainment; targeting prospects, current members, current partners, and internal team members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Facilitate the goals, creative conception, and all execution aspects of special events in conjunction with the following departments: Senior Leadership, Ticket Sales, Corporate Sales, Foundation Sales, and Human Resources
- Create annual and individual event budgets in conjunction with Senior Leadership
- Research and connect with new vendors, artisans, and offsite locations to foster relationships for future collaboration
- Collaborate and meet regularly with aforementioned departments, providing updates on special event goals, and reporting back on event spending as related to departmental budgets.
- Manage special event schedule and track RSVP’s
- Establish and communicate event day needs in a timely manner
- Serve as event-day point-of-contact
- Write guest surveys & establish analytics with BIG Team to improve for future events
- Provide professional event guidance as requested
- Meet with senior leaders to establish client trip goals and budgets
- Conduct research and present destination proposals to Senior Leadership
- Collect and track sensitive and detailed client travel information
- Coordinate air and ground transportation; hotel accommodations; meals
- Facilitate series of payments for above trip expenses with the Sourcing Team
- Negotiate contracts related to accommodations, vendors, etc. with Legal
- Produce and distribute individualized itineraries in advance of trip
- Serve as on-site trip contact to troubleshoot issues, last-minute changes and/or additions
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in Event Management (preferably with a convention center, hotel, sports facility, performing arts facility or other multi-purpose public assembly facility) or Meeting Planning.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and quickly adapt to changes while maintaining high levels of productivity and effectiveness under pressure in a fast paced, team oriented environment.
- Ability to simultaneously manage a high level of detail across multiple projects.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally.
- Customer-service oriented, have a fan-friendly attitude and a professional appearance at all times.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Excel and PowerPoint; skills in database management and Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator is preferred.
- Ability to work beyond normal business hours, including but not limited to nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.