Motion Graphic Designer/Editor, QTV Marketing
Marketing: Game Operations/Presentation
QTV is the award-winning in-house video production team for the Cleveland Cavaliers family of companies at Quicken Loans Arena.
QTV delivers the most dynamic and ground-breaking creative content to drive game presentation, marketing campaigns, web/digital video content, and team-driven broadcast initiatives for the Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Monsters, Cleveland Gladiators, Canton Charge, and other key properties and projects housed in Quicken Loans Arena.
We are looking for a motion graphic designer/editor to join our team in Cleveland, Ohio. The ideal candidate will possess a strong sense of design and motion and a passion for entertainment and sports. This position is within the Cavaliers’ marketing team, and works on a wide array of projects, including graphics and animation content for the video boards, court and rink projection, digital signage, LED ribbons, and broadcast graphics.
- Creating storyboards for graphics.
- Audio editing and sound design.
- Post-production, editing, compositing and special effects.
- Transcoding, encoding, authoring, uploading and archiving of media files.
- Quality control of projects from concept to completion.
- Assisting in game day production responsibilities which will frequently require working nights and weekends.
- Identifying hardware, software and new techniques to remain on the leading edge of technology in video and other motion-based media development.
- Create graphics and animated content for the video boards, court and rink projection, digital signage, LED ribbons, and broadcast graphics.
- Drive innovation for marketing projects, game entertainment and the game/team experience by creating ideas and supporting a collaborative atmosphere that nurtures such thought.
- Participates and brings new ideas and techniques independently as well as during designated brainstorm sessions.
- Works with teammates to ensure that content is completed on time, exceeds QTV quality and meets specific team branding standards.
- Seeks training and feedback, encourages others to do the same.
- Actively seek solutions and work to streamline any and all processes across QTV.
- Supports QTV colleagues and senior producers by assuming any task to help them complete any and all projects.
- Contribute new perspectives and ideas on how to improve QTV. This includes organization, video production, storage, efficient management of time and any other areas that can be improved.
- Continual research of current events, pop-culture events, music trends and trending topics… and the ability to put those ideas to action quickly.
- Understands studies and provides feedback on video elements that are integrated in front of a live audience.
- Understands the NBA, AHL and AFL as well as providing creative ideas on how to integrate pop culture into Quicken Loans Arena events.
- Frequently acts as game night producer/game night assistant on designated event nights.
- Attends events with the intent to find new ways to entertain the fans of Cleveland and provide feedback.
- Ability to step in and perform tasks as needed, including assuming any role on the QTV game night staff.
- Consistently thinks about how to cross-promote all Quicken Loans Arena organizations across all events and platforms.
- Be leader in innovation for game entertainment and the fan experience through concept development and delivery of entertainment and energy-driving content to run in-arena, including graphics, videos, features, skits, and projection.
- Works with all team members to constantly and tirelessly strive for better processes, better results and better success in any and all areas in which QTV operates.
- Provides creative production support for the Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Monsters, Cleveland Gladiators, Canton Charge, and other key properties and projects for Quicken Loans Arena.
- Prioritizes a supportive role in the development of the QTV team.
- Focuses on supporting the growth of quality, depth and capabilities of our production team, enhancing our creative capabilities and driving innovation.
- Provides and conducts training to QTV team members in areas of expertise as needed.
- Promotes the overall high expectation of quality for all QTV productions.
- Assumes additional responsibilities to ensure successful management of QTV resources.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Senior Producer of Creative Content and Director of Video.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, motion graphic design, or equivalent experience.
- 4-6 years working in a professional design-focused setting.
- Photoshop and After Effects mastery with proficiency in other Adobe Creative applications.
- Cinema4D proficiency
- Solid understanding of editing techniques and Adobe Premiere.
- Strong sense of motion, visual design and typography.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Positive attitude and ability to take direction.
- Exceptional work ethic and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and assignments simultaneously under strict deadlines.
- Direct, shoot, produce and assist on-location shoots with players, fans and actors.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Interest in sports, culture and entertainment.
- Experience working on digital platforms, broadcast network, motion graphics studio, or live events.
- Willingness to work long hours as needed and work a flexible schedule, including weekends and late nights, as needed, to support the needs of a major professional sports organization.
- Familiarity with Pandora’s Box, Spyder, V-Soft, Chyron Lyric, and other control room software and hardware is a plus.
**Please provide a link to your Reel or Website**
How did you hear about this job?