Cavaliers Holdings LLC is committed to delivering unparalleled sports and entertainment experiences fueled by a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. We strive to find talent that defines being the DIFF through a “Care – Lead – Engage” (CLE) philosophy across all aspects of our business. If this sounds like a culture you can thrive in, and you enjoy working in fast-pace and high energy setting, then we want to talk to YOU!
The Cleveland Monsters (AHL affiliate to the Columbus Blue Jackets and owned and operated by the Cleveland Cavaliers) are searching for 10-12 experienced ice skaters aged 18 and over before the start of the AHL Season. This team will be crucial to the game presentation by assisting arena operations to maintain the ice during timeouts/intermissions at all Monster home games at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse. Members of this team will also be an in-game entertainment element and assist with on-ice promotions when necessary.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist arena operations crew to maintain ice during timeouts/intermissions at all Cleveland Monsters (AHL) home games at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse.
- Assist Promotion Team with on-ice activities when necessary.
- Represent team and interact with fans at outside events.
- Appear on-camera and in-game entertainment videos
Work Experience Requirement:
- Proficient skating skills required. (HOCKEY OR FIGURE SKATING)
- Self-confidence and enthusiasm to perform in front of large crowds.
- Must be comfortable on-camera and in front of large crowds.
- Athletic background preferred (hockey, figure skating, sports) to maintain energy and fitness level required for fast pace of work.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs. & work with tools, while on skates (shovels, scrapers, wheeled buckets)
- Ability to work varied schedule within season; afternoons/nights/weekends.
- Strong communication skills and outgoing, positive personality to interact with fans of all ages.
- Ability to take direction from Game Presentation Director and Manager.
- Must have valid driver’s license or reliable transportation to Quicken Loans Arena.
- Ability to attend ON-ICE AUDITION to demonstrate skating skills and learn ice maintenance duties.
- Must have own skates in good condition.
- Paid part-time position, flexible schedule.
- Warm-up suit & shirt uniforms will be provided.
Must be aged 18 years or older
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.